iPhone warranty with no AT&T service?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

maf2003

Sep 24, 2007
Im thinking of getting an iPhone but i know i want to unlock it for T-Mobile. Just wanted to know if i needed to get the iPhone service from Apple i know i have to restore it back to normal but will Apple service it if i don't have ATT service on it? will telling them that i cancel ATT and decided to keep the iPhone for the other features work? Just wanted to know if any1 had done it before. Thanks

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Im thinking of getting an iPhone but i know i want to unlock it for T-Mobile. Just wanted to know if i needed to get the iPhone service from Apple i know i have to restore it back to normal but will Apple service it if i don't have ATT service on it? will telling them that i cancel ATT and decided to keep the iPhone for the other features work? Just wanted to know if any1 had done it before. Thanks
If you unlock the iPhone any service is void from Apple..period!

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Once the iPhone is unlocked it is unlocked. Your warranty with Apple is voided, and it is likely that any future updates will render your iPhone useless.

In other words, unlock at your own risk.

Hakeem5

Sep 26, 2007
are you guys ass clowns for Apple or something? lol I bet $500 that within a few weeks the SIMPLE and easy solution will be out to restore the device back to its original state. As a matter of fact the most Apple can do is mail my phone back if they wont fix it, i have it unlocked. I will send it back 2morrow saying i have a problem and see what they say about that BS unlocked information that i see everyone posting but in fact no one has confirmed it by trying to send a unlocked and restored iPhone back. GET A GRIP!

goblues38

Bronze
Sep 7, 2007

I think you should get a grip. Respect Apples businesss model. People like you hacking phones and going around the process as it was designed, do nothing but make things more expensive for 99% of the majority.

If you want an iPhone, it requires AT&T service with a 2 year commitment. If you don't like those terms. get something else.

Hakeem5

Sep 26, 2007
ye...yeah...we make the expense for 99% more when the sales of iPhones since the unlock process have BOOSTED, do you even know what your talking about right now?

I use to work for Nokia so I know that REPUTABLE cell phone makers exchange or refurbish your bricked device, unlocked or not. The process to refurbish a bricked or software damaged phone is so simple that its not even funny. Obviously Apple has a mainframe they connect the device too and it can simply FLUSH the whole device out and put a new blueprint in the phone, unlocked, hacked, modded or not, after they are done with it, it will be LIKE NEW, which is why you see makers sell "refurbished" phones. There is really no more to the story.

oldskool

Sep 23, 2007
stop been so angry, you do what you want to to the phone, if Apple decides to not fix the phone and warranty it that is all there is to it, there are unlocked phones out there and they work fine, somemday maybe Apple will get serious and not warranty a bricked phone, pure and simple. att and Apple have an agreement, Apple has to stand by there contract with att. that is all there is to it. and Apple is doing its job, you as the comsumer can get your phone and do what you want with it. whether Apple helps you or not in the future is up to them

Hakeem5

Sep 26, 2007
oh thats common sense lol im not angry at all, if my iPhone messed up because of unlocking or modding then i cant be mad at all because im a professional and I know that you take risks to make a device fit your needs better. Im just stating a few facts because it seems some people were just making up info as they went along. If the update messes with what i have done to my phone then i simply know just not to update it. What I miss from the update will be quickly compensated in a 3rd party app so its all good if you ask me. Maybe one day Apple will sell the devices unlocked, but that probably wont be for a few years. I'll stick to my Helio Ocean and my sidekick 3 which i use mainly when I don't have my sim card in the iPhone :laugh2:

HELPmepLox

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
So.Cal
are you guys ass clowns for Apple or something? lol I bet $500 that within a few weeks the SIMPLE and easy solution will be out to restore the device back to its original state. As a matter of fact the most Apple can do is mail my phone back if they wont fix it, i have it unlocked. I will send it back 2morrow saying i have a problem and see what they say about that BS unlocked information that i see everyone posting but in fact no one has confirmed it by trying to send a unlocked and restored iPhone back. GET A GRIP!
yup the update will proabbly render the phone useless but then its only a matter of time someone will counter act this problem with a update unlock etc...