iPhone which survived water!

addy7de

Feb 5, 2008
Hi Everyone,
I dunked my 2 month old iPhone in water back in december 2007. It was under water for a good 5-10 secs before i got it out. The screen blinked on and off randomly for a while before the phone went dead (about 5 minutes after i pulled it out).
I blow dried it for about an hour and then finally managed to remove the back cover but stopped there as I didn't have screwdrivers of the required thickness. Since then my iPhone has been locked up inside a can with uncooked rice and some pouches of silica gel.

Yesterday, I finally gathered courage to try booting it up again. Guess what, it boots! :laugh2:

But wait, thats not the end of the story. The apps on the phone randomly crash (phone returns to the home screen) and the home button does not work (it sometimes does).
So now I have to nurse my lame iPhone back to life.

My iPhone has 1.0.2 firmware and i it is unlocked.

Does anyone have a fix for this kind of problem? Is this a hardware or a software issue? Can we emulate the home button in software and if so how?

Thanks and Regards!

Aditya

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
wow congrats on it working again. Its probaby hardware but try a restore and update to 1.1.3 That may fix it

addy7de

Feb 5, 2008
Can you get into restore mode without the home key? And if I upgrade to 1.1.3 can I unlock again? I haven't been following the hacks....

kylegod

Silver
Jan 1, 2008
Bethlehem, Pa
yes you can restore without the home key. And im pretty sure you can now unlock and jailbreak 1.1.3 Check the modifications forum though to be sure