iPhone Widgets Uncovered?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ahduke99

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Charleston aka Chucktown, SC
would be nice to fill the bottom row with those. i wish one of those was ichat, but that may be incorporated in the sms section. radio would be neat, but without an antenna, i don't understand how we could get stations.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
would be nice to fill the bottom row with those. i wish one of those was ichat, but that may be incorporated in the sms section. radio would be neat, but without an antenna, i don't understand how we could get stations.
I wouldn't count on this REALLY meaning anything. I wouldn't count on iChat not coming just because these are already here. The article actually says that if radio were incorporated, it would probably be streamed (as in over EDGE).

Brandon!

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
My old Nokia phone required that my handsfree set was plugged in to my phone to use the radio. The headset actually doubled as a radio -- it was pretty cool. But I'm okay without the radio. Its an MP3 player after all....

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
If we have contacts why would we need an address book?
Yeah I'm thinking these may of possibly been a previous idea. Like Apple initially had an address book widget and changed their minds.

All in all, I sure HOPE these aren't the widgets they plan on adding...

antithetic

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
I don't think the radio refers to an FM radio. I think it would use EDGE or Wi-Fi to use the streaming stations found in the iTunes Radio.
The Radio isn't in the "widget" namespace. I believe it's the interface to the GSM radio. Remember that in the cell world, the term radio is also used to describe the cellular portion of the device (GSM/CDMA/etc) not AM/FM/Internet.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
The Radio isn't in the "widget" namespace. I believe it's the interface to the GSM radio. Remember that in the cell world, the term radio is also used to describe the cellular portion of the device (GSM/CDMA/etc) not AM/FM/Internet.
I think the official conclusion they found out about the radio widget was that it was a part of the FieldTest.app

PhatKid

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
The radio widget icon also shows http instead of an FM radio frequency which also gives evidence of a web stream instead of airwaves.

antithetic

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
The radio widget icon also shows http instead of an FM radio frequency which also gives evidence of a web stream instead of airwaves.
They added to the confusion by using that image.

If you read at the bottom of the article you'll notice the text ... "* Note that the icons on the first image above are not the actual icons. Those icons were captured from Mac OS X Tiger widgets."

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
They added to the confusion by using that image.

If you read at the bottom of the article you'll notice the text ... "* Note that the icons on the first image above are not the actual icons. Those icons were captured from Mac OS X Tiger widgets."

Correct. But it isn't to say people shouldn't just try actually READING the articles before posting. I even included that in my 3 setence or so summary.

Oh well.