iPhone WiFi Question?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Limanto, Nov 9, 2011.

1. Limanto

Limanto New Member

Hey there

I lived inside campus and in my room the campus wifi is accesible. But i have my own internet wifi router, and everytime come back to my room, my iPhone doesn't want to connect to my router wifi but to campus wifi which is slow and gives you a lot of trouble. Is there any way that i can set my iPhone to default connect to my router wifi when detected?
    Thanks again!

2. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've wanted something like this since owning my first iPhone. I live near someone who has a BTOpenzone internet connection, it's one of those hotspots that you can log into and pay for 30 mins etc. Since it's not password protected my iPhone, iPad, MBP connect to it automatically - it's very very annoying. I would love to see a menu built into iOS which enables the user to ignore specific WAN's.

3. coop1701

coop1701 Zealot
    Silver

I can go into certain networks on my phone and tell it to ignore them.

Just choose it in the list and say Ignore this network.

4. talon90

talon90 Contributor
    Bronze

If you go in to settings, WiFi and click on the hotspot there should be a button at the top that says "Forget this network".

Attached Files:

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Yep the forget network button forgets the network i.e you delete the network from your previously saved ones. There isn't a stock feature on iOS which enables the user to ignore networks.

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

? That is stock.

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I was referring to the opening post. I should have made my comment a little clearer. Post edited.

8. Limanto

Limanto New Member

Unfortunately, although in my condition, i still sometime use my campus wifi when i am not at my home, so i cannot use the 'forget this network' because when i am on the class and need wifi i will use my campus wifi..

9. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

It will still show up as an available network, it just won't automatically connect.

10. enjoylife1788

enjoylife1788 Member
    Bronze

That's correct but what OP is trying to sag is that he wants to set priority in available networks. He wants to avoid re entering network key that he would have to after foegetting the network. Also, nowadays most uni's have long network keys.