iPhone WiFi won't recognize password

rschubert

Mar 15, 2008
I can see my WiFi, which is secured, but when I enter my password it says "unable to join network". My Ipod Touch and my macBook connect without any difficulty. I have a Linksys router, using WPA-personal and AES algorithms. I've tried turning the router and iPhone off and on, but no change.Thanks!

Apr 5, 2008
sounds like I have the same problem as rschuber. I too have a linksys router using WPA security. If i dissable the security, My iPhone can connect, but when i try to use my password it simply tells me "unable to join network"....does anyone know how to fix this?

styfle

Zealot
Gold
Mar 31, 2008
hmm
i have a linksys router (i think the WTG54G or something) and it works fine with my iPhone
i think im using WEP (the one with the 10 character password) and i didn't have to do anything with my iPhone other than just type in that password

rschubert

Mar 15, 2008
sounds like I have the same problem as rschuber. I too have a linksys router using WPA security. If i dissable the security, My iPhone can connect, but when i try to use my password it simply tells me "unable to join network"....does anyone know how to fix this?
I found a solution from a friend: You disable the password and let the iPhone connect to the router. Then you put the password back and now it will accept the password.