iPhone WILL Have New Unique Service Plans

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

adamjohn_98

Bronze
Mar 12, 2007
AT&T: iPhone WILL Have New Unique Service Plans

According to USA Today and Senior VP of Sales for AT&T,

"There are other surprises in the works for June 29. In addition to launching the iPhone that day, Carter says AT&T also will announce new service plans for it."

I take it that this means the plans will be announced on the 29th

"He declined to be specific, but says plans will be customized for the iPhone. Translation: The iPhone may offer cool features such as unlimited Web browsing, but you'll have to pay for them."

"Carter says the additional fees shouldn't be a surprise. "Regardless of which device you're using today, you pay us a certain amount for (voice) minutes, and you also pay us for data units," he says. "That is also true on the iPhone.""

The rest of the article is good too, states that not all stores will get equal amounts of iPhones and:

"If your local store sells out, Carter says sales people will take mail orders, and devices will be shipped in 3 to 5 days, inventory permitting. "Ultimately, we will meet every customer's desire to have one," Carter says."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/telecom/2007-06-20-AT&T-iphone-push_N.htm

TrippalHealicks

Gold
Mar 2, 2007
According to USA Today and Senior VP of Sales for AT&T,

"There are other surprises in the works for June 29. In addition to launching the iPhone that day, Carter says AT&T also will announce new service plans for it."

I take it that this means the plans will be announced on the 29th

"He declined to be specific, but says plans will be customized for the iPhone. Translation: The iPhone may offer cool features such as unlimited Web browsing, but you'll have to pay for them."

"Carter says the additional fees shouldn't be a surprise. "Regardless of which device you're using today, you pay us a certain amount for (voice) minutes, and you also pay us for data units," he says. "That is also true on the iPhone.""

The rest of the article is good too, states that not all stores will get equal amounts of iPhones and:

"If your local store sells out, Carter says sales people will take mail orders, and devices will be shipped in 3 to 5 days, inventory permitting. "Ultimately, we will meet every customer's desire to have one," Carter says."

http://www.usatoday.com/money/industries/telecom/2007-06-20-AT&T-iphone-push_N.htm

SURPRISE! THE DATA PLAN IS ACTUALLY 55$ / MONTH! SURPRISE! WEEEEE!
lol
:cool:

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
I suggest we all stay away from a data plan right out of the box because they put a ridiculiously high price just to see if dumbass's will pay for it. I mean come on we have gone this long without it just hold off a few months and when they see no one is getting the data plan it will drop down to the normal $20. It doesn't even have Video Call capability or 3G so what the hell is the huge price tag for? Just make do with the WiFi for a few months

skyman

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
I suggest we all stay away from a data plan right out of the box because they put a ridiculiously high price just to see if dumbass's will pay for it. I mean come on we have gone this long without it just hold off a few months and when they see no one is getting the data plan it will drop down to the normal $20. It doesn't even have Video Call capability or 3G so what the hell is the huge price tag for? Just make do with the WiFi for a few months
The data plan is NOT optional it will be REQUIRED.

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
The data plan is NOT optional it will be REQUIRED.
wow that is so gay it's not even funny. I will have to strongly consider boy-cotting the iPhone all together than. I can't believe so many people have money to throw away like that? Throw some my way please

skyman

Bronze
Jun 13, 2007
wow that is so gay it's not even funny. I will have to strongly consider boy-cotting the iPhone all together than. I can't believe so many people have money to throw away like that? Throw some my way please
Why is that "gay"? You are buying a $500 phone with a $40/month voice plan. What's another $40/month for data going to hurt?

Did you think you were simply going to walk into AT&T and buy just the iPhone and walk out. Not going to happen.

AT&T makes their profit on the voice and data plans NOT on the cost of the iPhone.

iPhone = $500
Voice plan $40 * 24 months = $960
Data plan $40 * 24 months = $960
------------------------------------------
TOTAL $2,420.00

Boyscout47

Bronze
Jun 14, 2007
And that's without taxes and fees.
So you add taxes and accessories and say the total is 3,000 for the two years. Thats $4.10 a day. I know I spend more than that on pop each day so I think I can go with out or cut back.

$4.10 is hardly expensive for something i will have on me at all times and use constantly.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I am sick of all of the whining about the data plan pricing. Either you pay and use an iPhone, or you don't and you don't use one.

There are plenty of other alternatives out there.

jtlax3

Bronze
May 31, 2007
So you add taxes and accessories and say the total is 3,000 for the two years. Thats $4.10 a day. I know I spend more than that on pop each day so I think I can go with out or cut back.

$4.10 is hardly expensive for something i will have on me at all times and use constantly.
man, when you put it that way it doesn't sound that expensive...

Lazarus

Bronze
Jun 6, 2007
Miami
We will have to wait and see because there is no way that they can force us to have to buy a data plan in order to buy and use the phone.