iPhone with AT&T question

xerreck

Oct 25, 2007
If I was to buy an iPhone from ebay (not unlocked or anything) and put my sim card from my old phone in it. would i have to still pay a $20 data plan that someone would normally have to pay when buying it new to use all the features or does buying it from other than AT&T or Apple store make it so i do not have to have a 2 year agreement and data plan right away? thanks

tmoce

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
If I was to buy an iPhone from ebay (not unlocked or anything) and put my sim card from my old phone in it. would i have to still pay a $20 data plan that someone would normally have to pay when buying it new to use all the features or does buying it from other than AT&T or Apple store make it so i do not have to have a 2 year agreement and data plan right away? thanks

I had cingular for a while and when I fired my old phone for the iPhone and activated i had the option for the data but you don't you will be charged normal rates and it the end it will probably be a hefty bill. And yes you have to have to renew your 2 year agreement even if you just did

petalmom

Silver
Jun 30, 2007
Buying an iPhone off ebay is risky. You won't know until it's too late what you have.

Unless you unlock it, you will have to use the SIM that it comes with to activate it. It will not do anything (other and dial 911) until you do.

The data plan is $20 and requires a 2 year contract with AT&T.

xerreck

Oct 25, 2007
Buying an iPhone off ebay is risky. You won't know until it's too late what you have.

Unless you unlock it, you will have to use the SIM that it comes with to activate it. It will not do anything (other and dial 911) until you do.

The data plan is $20 and requires a 2 year contract with AT&T.

Thank you guys you have answered my question with extreme accuracy.