iPhone with new Mac

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jjk454ss

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
I just got a new macbook. I remember reading about people having trouble when syncing the iPhone to a second computer. I have been using my PC with my iPhone until now, but before I plug it into my new Mac is there anything I need to know? Or will it just hook up fine, no problems?

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I just got a new macbook. I remember reading about people having trouble when syncing the iPhone to a second computer. I have been using my PC with my iPhone until now, but before I plug it into my new Mac is there anything I need to know? Or will it just hook up fine, no problems?
It should hook fine, but not for everything. Your contacts, calendar and mail should sync without problem. You need to get your pics/music/videos from the PC to the Mac (by putting them on DVD's for example) or get them off your iPhone onto the Mac by using something like iPhonedrive. Then, import them into iTunes and them back to your phone.

jjk454ss

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
When I plug my phone into my Mac, it opens iTunes. But when I click on Sync, the phone says sync in progress for only a second then just stops. It doesn't sync anything.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Make sure you don't have (in summary) "automatically sync" or all your music and videos will be erased, since there is nothing on your Mac right now.

Go to the individual tabs. "Info", select everything to sync mail, contacts, calendar. Everything else, don't sync until you put your stuff back in the Mac's iTunes or will lose everything on your iPhone. Once you've put your music/videos into the Mac's iTunes, then go to the different tabs and sync/apply whatever you want to be on the phone.