iPhone with T-mobile

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 30, 2007
I have T-mobile service and I would like to have internet connection on my iPhone. yesterday I called T-mobile for internet service for $19.99 extra on top of my plan.
I was wondering if body use internet on tmobile service with iPhone.
I am totally lost . I don't know what to do.

please help me.

Thanks.

mototel

Nov 10, 2007
I have T-mobile service and I would like to have internet connection on my iPhone. yesterday I called T-mobile for internet service for $19.99 extra on top of my plan.
I was wondering if body use internet on tmobile service with iPhone.
I am totally lost . I don't know what to do.

please help me.

Thanks.
Thats exactly what you need. It took 48 hours for mine to start working but sometimes it works sooner. Just go to Settings>General>Network>Edge> APN needs to be wap.voicestrem.com Username: Leave blank Password: Leave blank

Once you do that, life should be good!

mototel

Nov 10, 2007
You are soooo wrong about this. I have full internet on tmobile by just paying 5.99 a month for tzones. Everything works perfectly.

I used this guide:

http://limitededitioniphone.com/t-mobile-599-unlimited-internet-edge-settings/#more-109

That's all. I have unlimited internet and I love it. Just call tmobile and cancel the 19.99 plan and take only tzones which is 6 bucks. Otherwise you are wasting your money.
Good call. It used to be more complicated, thereforee I didn't mention that. Sorry about that. :sick:

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
woa thats a releif because im just about to run into that problem with internet with TMO

Thanks in advanced for this juicy info guys

Sep 30, 2007
Question: do i need a t-mobile phone plan to get t-zones? AND Can i order T-zones online or do i need to go to a store? ALSO Is there a coverage map for T-zones? Thanks for anyone who helps

kotsos

Nov 3, 2007
Question: do i need a t-mobile phone plan to get t-zones? AND Can i order T-zones online or do i need to go to a store? ALSO Is there a coverage map for T-zones? Thanks for anyone who helps

Obviously you need to have a tmobile plan to have tzones. In fact tzones is an addition to your existing plan. (6 dollars more per month). I would recommend adding this online because tmobile customer servie (although very polite and helpful) will tell you that they do not support the iPhone and they will also recommend that you take the 19.99 dollar internet plan which you do not need.

As far as coverage, if you have a tmobile signal, then chances are you can access tzones.

Oct 30, 2007
added T-zones. no internet.

i changed general setting and added wap..........com and
nothing happened.
do i need to do more? can i do it with my iPhone only?

Thank you guys.

kotsos

Nov 3, 2007
Did you follow the guide I posted above? If not then go back and check it out. Just changing the edge settings will not work. You will need a computer in order to complete the process and WINSCP. To make the long story short, look at the guide I posted and you will be fine.

and PS despite of what I said about the 19.99 plan you still insist on using that rather than the tzones which is only 5.99. But that's ok. It is your money that you are wasting.

Oct 30, 2007
canceled 19.99 and got 5.99 Thanks.

As you guys suggested me, I have canceled 19.99 plan and added 5.99.
I just can't connect my iPhone to computer somehow.
When I connect my iPhone to my computer with USB, computer is asking if I have connected scanner. not iPhone.
I am complitely lost. I was going to rebot the phone and it doesn't reboot by hold home & power button for 45 sec.

Please help.

Thanks.

kotsos

Nov 3, 2007
As you guys suggested me, I have canceled 19.99 plan and added 5.99.
I just can't connect my iPhone to computer somehow.
When I connect my iPhone to my computer with USB, computer is asking if I have connected scanner. not iPhone.
I am complitely lost. I was going to rebot the phone and it doesn't reboot by hold home & power button for 45 sec.

Please help.

Thanks.
You need WINSCP. Google it and you will understand how you can connect your phone to your computer.

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
well technically the home button doesn't really do anything as far as power off goes, but you might just hold the power button til it either asks you to slide to turn off or just cuts off completely

Oct 30, 2007
someone tell me how to do internet set up without computer steps by steps

Did you follow the guide I posted above? If not then go back and check it out. Just changing the edge settings will not work. You will need a computer in order to complete the process and WINSCP. To make the long story short, look at the guide I posted and you will be fine.

and PS despite of what I said about the 19.99 plan you still insist on using that rather than the tzones which is only 5.99. But that's ok. It is your money that you are wasting.
I am lost .. i need to set up internet without using computer since my computer doesn't reconnize my iPhone.

thanks.

amiroo79

Bronze
Nov 3, 2007
Southern California
You need Open SSH

I am lost .. i need to set up internet without using computer since my computer doesn't reconnize my iPhone.

thanks.

Go to your installer app and install Open SSH from the list. You need that to be able to WinSCP to your phone. For some reason, a lot of the guides don't say that.

Do that and follow the guides on how to modify your preferences.plist file, and add the other 3 files and you will be good to go. Just FYI, TMobile's EDGE network is extremely slow as they use a lower class GPRS/EDGE network compared to AT&T. They never upgraded their network but AT&T did and are getting the most out of EDGE which is about 150kb/Sec. Let me know if you still struggle with this.

Oct 30, 2007
thanks you guys. i will try when i get hom.

i will try to do this.
i am assuming i don't need a computer but wifi.

my last question is I can't still connect itune somehow. also I can't reset or anything.

help me ~!

Thanks.

truehybridx

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
yes u don't need a computer to make the tmobile stuff work just wifi with Internet and installer

now iTunes just sucks mine only does partial syncs for some reason n I have to keep syncing until I get everything on there. anyone got ideas on that

u may have to update your iTunes to 7.4 or higher

Mar 13, 2008
Can not get on the internet with t mobil help.

I could not find your original post on how to complete process to connect to internet. I downloaded winscp but how do I tie that in with the iPhone? please go over in detail how to proceed. step by step Thanks Antonio God Bless

Jun 9, 2009
What!

Obviously you need to have a tmobile plan to have tzones. In fact tzones is an addition to your existing plan. (6 dollars more per month). I would recommend adding this online because tmobile customer servie (although very polite and helpful) will tell you that they do not support the iPhone and they will also recommend that you take the 19.99 dollar internet plan which you do not need.

As far as coverage, if you have a tmobile signal, then chances are you can access tzones.
The cheepest one i can find online is $34.99