iPhone with Vista mod

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jan 10, 2007
What workarounds are there to make the iPhone work with windows vista 64bit? When you use the iPhone with vista 64bit it says it needs a 32bit O/S. iTunes doesn't run on 64bit either. Alot of people are getting 64bit windows vista now and the iPhone doesn't run on it.
It's funny how the iPod runs on Vista 64bit, but not the iPod touch or iPhone.

Some smart person needs to make an app that will make the iPhone/ipod touch work with Vista 64bit.

I wonder why Apple won't support vista 64bit. Is there a reason?

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
What workarounds are there to make the iPhone work with windows vista 64bit? When you use the iPhone with vista 64bit it says it needs a 32bit O/S. iTunes doesn't run on 64bit either. Alot of people are getting 64bit windows vista now and the iPhone doesn't run on it.
It's funny how the iPod runs on Vista 64bit, but not the iPod touch or iPhone.

Some smart person needs to make an app that will make the iPhone/ipod touch work with Vista 64bit.

I wonder why Apple won't support vista 64bit. Is there a reason?
Thought for the day...

Maybe iTunes was there first and it's Microsoft that needs to make their OS compatible with the software people want to run?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
No, it's microsofts fault for trying to one-up Apple with a supposed "better" clone of OSX. Vista is junk for any end-user. Great for an administrator, but even then it's buggy.

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
No, it's microsofts fault for trying to one-up Apple with a supposed "better" clone of OSX. Vista is junk for any end-user. Great for an administrator, but even then it's buggy.
Gotta love fanboys. :roll: This issue has NOTHING to do with Vista. I'm sure that iTunes doesn't work on XP 64-bit edition either.

EDIT: See Apple support doc# 301301 that states specifically that neither Vista NOR XP 64-bit editions have a build of iTunes.

termleech

Zealot
Gold
Sep 7, 2007
McPherson, KS
I actually got iTunes working on a 64 bit version of Windows. The only thing that didn't work was the CD burning part. If you are interested I'll try and digg up the information.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Gotta love fanboys. :roll: This issue has NOTHING to do with Vista. I'm sure that iTunes doesn't work on XP 64-bit edition either.
Actually, I'm a Windows guy. The only Apple product I own is my iPhone. I just hate Vista. I watched the MAC world conference last year and they had this little bit where they showed how Windows was copying MAC. It wasn't just one or 2 examples either. But on the users end, even if it looks like OSX, it functions like Windows Retarded.
Tried to add a printer that Vista wasn't recognizing. Clicked on Printers and it took me to somewhere else completely. Tried again and took me to another folder that had nothing to do with printers. 3rd try, got in, clicked on Add printer, and it closed. :eek:
Up until June of this year, I've been in Desktop Support and Administration/Security since '97, so it's not like I am just a user. The backend tools for Vista are very nice on the Admin side. But for the average user Vista is simply a nightmare. The only people I know that like it are Windows Fanboy techs. Everyone else downgraded back to XP.
(and I also heard that the best machine to run Vista on is a Mac. :p)

Khris

Bronze
Oct 30, 2007
Edmonton, AB
The only people I know that like it are Windows Fanboy techs. Everyone else downgraded back to XP.
I completely disagree with this statement. It's complete rubbish. I'm by no means a Windows fanboy, frankly I'd like to switch to Ubuntu however I'm impatient and don't want to really sit down and learn it.

Vista, although it falls shorts of a lot of expectations, is still a step ahead of XP. I'm not sure why you're having so many problems with it. PEBKAC perhaps?

(and I also heard that the best machine to run Vista on is a Mac. :p)
I find it hilarious that people go out of their way to buy a Mac and then run Vista or XP on it.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Originally Posted by Hawk
The only people I know that like it are Windows Fanboy techs. Everyone else downgraded back to XP.

Let me be more specific for you. The only people I PERSONALLY know that like it are Windows Fanboy techs. Everyone else downgraded back to XP.

Don't know anyone's opinion outside of my own circle.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Um, why doesn't Apple support Vista? What?

It's not their fault. Microsoft compiled an OS that has a ton of flaws. iTunes came first.

- John

GP1138

Bronze
Sep 26, 2007
Um, why doesn't Apple support Vista? What?

It's not their fault. Microsoft compiled an OS that has a ton of flaws. iTunes came first.

- John
You're an troll. This specific problem has nothing to do with Vista itself, it's the simple fact that Apple has not released a 64-bit build of iTunes yet. I don't disagree that Vista has it's flaws, as does any newer OS (such as... oh... OS X in 2000/1) but that is not the reason iTunes does not run on the 64-bit flavor of Vista (or XP for that matter, learn to read before you go spouting garbage). :rolleyes::sick:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I'm far from trolling here.

I'm just saying that iTunes was developed by Apple; Vista was developed by Microsoft. That's all.

- John

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
If I was in charge of Apple and I had a killer application like iTunes that was in the ascendency, and my main rival had an OS that was up against the wall. Would I be in any hurry to help my rival out and supply its users a good reason not to switch to my own OS, which was steadily gaining ground every month?

Hang on - let me think what I'd do. The words "Knife" and "Twist" come to mind.