iPhone without a data plan.. scary

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
I just went down to AT&T and added three new lines for my account, somewhere through the process I ended up losing my iPhones data.. scary.. since I didn't think you could have an iPhone without data. Spoke to the AT&T guy on the phone and he said to add it back on myself through my account services and then power cycle the phone. I almost had a heart attack thinking the Apple SWAT team was going to come looking for me for not having a data plan =p

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Yeesh. Although the nice and low cost would be appealing, whats the point of a 3g'less iPhone 3g?

J17369

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
It would be like a iPod Touch with a phone.. I should have left the data plan off and seen how long it would take them to get at me. I also had to cancel my original Direct Fulfillment order, all it did was print another receipt.. so i dunno if they really cancelled it.. the guy look confused.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
It's been so hectic these last few weeks, i just hope all this phone frenzy dies down so my phone can actually arrive... it sucks too. 70 dollars for no minutes/texts? im gonna go bankrupt.

sonicwind

Bronze
May 12, 2008
My brother had an iPhone without a data plan. May he rest in peace. We miss him.

jackz5o

Bronze
Jul 14, 2008
New Jersey
I just went down to AT&T and added three new lines for my account, somewhere through the process I ended up losing my iPhones data.. scary.. since I didn't think you could have an iPhone without data. Spoke to the AT&T guy on the phone and he said to add it back on myself through my account services and then power cycle the phone. I almost had a heart attack thinking the Apple SWAT team was going to come looking for me for not having a data plan =p
I don't think they would send a SWAT team.. maybe just a $25,000 phone bill lol.

fury

Evangelist
Gold
Oct 23, 2007
Louisville, KY
I don't know why they won't offer it as an option for people who don't want to use data on the go. Ya know, people who want to use the PHONE part of the iPhone... That would really help me out with my current situation...i'm stuck on a crappy Motorola V180e because I can't use the SIM card in my iPhone without activating it via iTunes, which wants me to activate new service, which I can't do due to being broke at the moment.

aenti

Zealot
Gold
Jul 8, 2008
Maryland
Data plan is 10 dollars more than v1's data plan. That makes it 30 dollars.