iPhone Won't Alert New Voicemail Waiting

Discussion in 'iPhone 5' started by EverythingApple, Sep 5, 2013.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I had this happen. I would get the missed call but no voicemail alert. I had to call in to see/retrieve voicemails.

I searched Google and came up with this: http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4430

I got all the way down to #7, before they popped up and the problem was resolved.

Follow these steps to troubleshoot voicemail issues on your iPhone:

1. Restart your iPhone.
    2. Check for a carrier settings update.
    3. Update your iPhone to the latest version of iOS.
    4. Ensure that your voice mailbox is set up properly. You can verify this by dialing your phone number from your iPhone.
    5. Make sure that you have a good cellular network connection. You can verify this by seeing whether you can make an outgoing call.
    6. Call your iPhone from another phone and attempt to leave yourself a voicemail.
    7. Reset your network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
    8. Contact your carrier and ensure your iPhone is properly configured with the voicemail feature on your plan.

Sent using iCafe app

2. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

I don't know if it's a UK thing for me. But I have never been notified of a voicemail. If I get a missed call I now automatically call my voicemail to check.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I know that at least some of the carriers in the UK don't support Visual Voicemail, but you should still get a badge and alert. I have an iPhone with a prepaid T-Mobile SIM and I have always gotten alerts for voicemail even though they don't support Visual Voicemail. Have you asked if others on your carrier don't get alerts?

4. IllusionEntity

Gold

I used to get texts saying I had a voicemail from my carrier. But I have never gotten a notification on my phone or a badge.

5. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Do others on that carrier also not get alerts?

6. IllusionEntity

Gold

I don't know anyone else on the 3 network. I think they might get the texts. But no badges or alerts via the iPhone.