iPhone won't charge or turn on

Aug 1, 2010
Hey guys!

Thanks a bunch for posting your replies!:eek:k:eek:k I was definitely going to plug my iPhone in the pc if it hadn't of worked with a different method.

What I did was: I used the iPhone dock. I plugged the usb cable in the back and put my iPhone on it praying that it would work. I believe the dock came with the iPhone, but I may be wrong.:D It could have came with a previous iPod but the iPhone fits in it, so it works. So for those who say it hasn't worked in the computer, try this!

If you don't have the iPhone dock:
-For iPhone 4: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC596?mco=MTc2ODk3Njg
-Universal Dock: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB125G/C?fnode=MTY1NDAzOQ&mco=MTgxNTg3NzI

Oct 10, 2010
A huge thank you iPhone not charging

Thanks folks. I had the identical problem with my iPhone 3g, would not get above 10% with wall charger and get dropping charge. plugging in with USB to the PC (windows) that I usuall use with the phone resolved the issue. I will make a point not to drop below 20% again.
:)
on a side note, I just put a brand new battery in 3 days ago.

Oct 26, 2010
iPhone 3g not charging

I was experiencing the same issues of my iPhone not charging. Today was the first time this has happened. I have two wall chargers, one for my car, and the usb for the computer. I was trying all of them and nothing was happening. Finally my husband who is technology challenged suggested I look on internet to see if there something on there to help me. I found my answer on this site. Thank you so much. :eek:k:eek:k

lowrider69

Bronze
Nov 1, 2009
uk/devon
Hi, I've got an iPhone 3g that needs flashing. I plug it into iTunes and I don't see it. I need to run the recovery or update the software but it won't charge.

Is there any software that might help?

Last edited by a moderator:

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Plug the phone into a wall socket and hold down the home button and power button at the same time. The screen should at least flash, if not then the battery is probably dead...

I don't believe there is any software which fixes a phone that doesn't charge.

natmac09

Dec 7, 2010
I seem to have a rare case of the Yellow Screen problem...

It stays on the yellow screen for about 5 mins and then reboots normally and everything is fine except for the fact that it doesn't charge and doesn't connect to the computer AT ALL! :mad:

As of yet I have tried EVERY single method to fix this problem but it still persists, and stays at 10% battery...If anyone knows any way to fix this problem (with a different method to others mentioned) then that would be a HUGE help!

Thanks!

bgoode2006

Dec 9, 2010
It worked for me too

Charged my IPod over night and when i woke up it was still on that screen.
I really didn't think this would work but i had nothing else to go on so i tried it.
I turned the computer back on and it was still the yellow screen so i unplgged it and plugged it back in after windows loaded up and BAM......it turned on. currently at 4% battery so it did not charge whatsoever while on YSOD

Jan 16, 2011
iPhone wont turn on or charge.

So a few months ago i broke the lcd screen on my iPhone (was bashed into the corner of a table) I got on ebay and bought a new screen. (my iPhone is a 16gb 3gs) So I opened the iPhone up replaced the screen put ti back together and plugged it into the charger. After sitting there for about an hour, I tried to turn it on, nothing happened. So I tried to hold the Home + Power button to Hard Reset the iPhone. Again nothing. Ne one have ne ideas? Im out of ideas and I am ready to give up and take it into Apple. I was thinking of replacing the battery as it sat for over 6-7 months with no charge. Ne ideas would be great thank you much. Oh and i did try to get iTunes to read it and nothing wont even show up.

Thankyou

Feb 22, 2011
Had to register to say thank you !

Same scenario for me. Symbol on screen while plugged in and no charge. Rebooted my computer and still nothing.After about 5 mins of unpluggin and plugging, the Apple symbol appeared ! Thanks everyone !

Mar 16, 2011
I have a 16gb 3GS (not jailbroken) that would only turn on when connected to the mains. It was diagnosed as a faulty battery. I replaced it with a new one and now it just displays the battery charge screen when turned on. if i hard reset it, it just goes back to the same screen (no Apple logo). i have tried the laptop reboot trick and it doesn't work. I can however get it in DFU mode in iTunes and managed to restore the software. However i am now back to the charging screen which isn't moving... please help :-(

Mar 26, 2011
your an angel! thanks for the solution im doing this for 1 week and your solution is so perfect. my iPhone is charging now. thank you so much. hope someone here can help me about my other iPhone 3gs. it has a darkscreen even i'd replaced battery still dark. i don't know what is the exact problem of my iPhone. plss help

Mar 27, 2011
Ahhh thank you soso much! I made this account JUST so I can tell you thanks. :D

I left my phone charged in allll night, and it had the symbol that it was charging, and my phone was working fine you know, I was setting my alarm and then I locked my phone and went to sleep. I wake up and it says it's dead, had the same symbols. Then I kept unplugging, replugging, used my old USB wire to try and fix it, used a different plug outlet, plugged it into my computer...ehh..nothing worked. (yes I was desperate)

so I did what you did and the Apple logo appeared on my screen and now it's charging next to me! yay! thanks a lot! :)