iPhone wont go into recovery even after restoring

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rupchurc

Sep 8, 2007
Hi, I am trying to get my iPhone into recovery mode as part of the process for ibreakr and so I get to:

"Restart your iPhone in Restore mode
Okay, now you need to restart your iPhone in Restore mode. First, shut off your iPhone by holding the Power button (on the top-right of the phone), and sliding the red slider.
When your iPhone is off, turn it on. As soon as the grey Apple logo shows up, press and hold both the Home and Power buttons until a yellow triangle appears. "

So I unplug my iPhone and turn it off like it says. Turn it back on and hold both buttons down (yes im holding the right buttons) and after the first 10sec the screen goes blank, then shows the gray logo, goes blank again and stays off. This all happening while never relasesing holding down both buttons. It acts as if its just restarting and then turns off. Ive tried this many times. Even restored it and same thing. Tried holding it down even over a minute.

Any thoughts?

rupchurc

Sep 8, 2007
Well sure enough i figured it out. You don't unplug it from the computer to get it to go into recovery mode. Nothing I read anywhere or even that poular how to video said not to.

Has anyone been able to do this with unpluging the iPhone?

Sep 23, 2007
Well sure enough i figured it out. You don't unplug it from the computer to get it to go into recovery mode. Nothing I read anywhere or even that poular how to video said not to.

Has anyone been able to do this with unpluging the iPhone?
THANK YOU!

I wasn't able to get it into recovery mode till I did what you said and left it plugged in. I tried pressing and holding the power and home buttons with it unplugged for 5 minutes and no luck. After doing that at least 20 times, I read what you said, and I plugged it back in. I tried again and it worked no problem.

Again, thank you so much!

rupchurc

Sep 8, 2007
THANK YOU!

I wasn't able to get it into recovery mode till I did what you said and left it plugged in. I tried pressing and holding the power and home buttons with it unplugged for 5 minutes and no luck. After doing that at least 20 times, I read what you said, and I plugged it back in. I tried again and it worked no problem.

Again, thank you so much!
Im pleased to hear that this helped you out. Happy modding!