iPhone won't play particular song, help

Jan 16, 2008
Louisiana
I have tried and tried to get my iPhone to play this one particular song, but it gets to the same point and makes a noise like the file is corrupt, and stops playing. If you scroll to a later part in the song, it will play, and the same thing happens again.

I have tried adding the song from multiple sources (including the cd!) to iTunes (on which it plays fine) but it always happens like this.

This is the ONLY song it does it with.

Any suggestions?!

Thanks,
Alissa

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
did you purchase from iTunes? Or download from someplace like limewire. You might just have a bad file.. Try deleted it and downloading it again.

Jan 16, 2008
Louisiana
No, my sister has the cd and I used that to put it on my iTunes. When that file didn't work, I searched the internet and got 3 different files from 3 different locations, and all have the same problem. I think my iPhone just hates the particular song or something!:eek:

did you purchase from iTunes? Or download from someplace like limewire. You might just have a bad file.. Try deleted it and downloading it again.

IphoneTony

Zealot
Gold
Nov 10, 2007
New Jersey
interesting... anyone else have a clue... You are adding it the same way like your other songs correct... Im lost sorry I can't help....

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
More than likely your search resulted in the same passed around file.

If the song is on iTunes, just buy it for .99

No, my sister has the cd and I used that to put it on my iTunes. When that file didn't work, I searched the internet and got 3 different files from 3 different locations, and all have the same problem. I think my iPhone just hates the particular song or something!:eek:

Jan 16, 2008
Louisiana
Thats what I thought too, but Im wondering why the original artists cd would have a corrupt file .... but it cant be corrupt because the file plays fine on iTunes and Ive just tried - it works fine on my nano too!

:sick:

More than likely your search resulted in the same passed around file.

If the song is on iTunes, just buy it for .99

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
if it is an mp3, did you try converting to aac or vice versa?

phsycology

Zealot
Gold
Dec 29, 2007
Bolton, United Kingdom
I have the same problem with a few of my songs, but I thought it was just because I had got it off Acquisition (P2P for mac similar to limewire) but if you're having the same problem...
My 1st gen nano did this with some songs so I just restored it and it was fine, but try converting the song I'm gonna try it now.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
that almost sounds like you have a corrupt memory spot, not a corrupt song file. Especially if it's working in other places, but just not on the iPhone.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Hawk could be correct, you might have a problem spot in your memory. It wouldn't really make much sense for the song to work on your Nano and iTunes but not on the phone. But then again, what are the odds that the song is saved to the same spot in the memory each time? I would suggest buying it from iTunes for $0.99 and then see if it works.

Jan 16, 2008
Louisiana
Does iTunes provide a refund if it doesn't? I just really don't want to spend a dollar on a song that I already have 5 copies of! lol

I might call Apple tonight while I have nothing else to do :laugh2:

Hawk could be correct, you might have a problem spot in your memory. It wouldn't really make much sense for the song to work on your Nano and iTunes but not on the phone. But then again, what are the odds that the song is saved to the same spot in the memory each time? I would suggest buying it from iTunes for $0.99 and then see if it works.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Make sure that if you are jailbroken or unlocked, not to mention it to the rep.
Sync ( check everything needed) before calling support. That way you aren't going to lose anything.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Does iTunes provide a refund if it doesn't? I just really don't want to spend a dollar on a song that I already have 5 copies of! lol

I will send you a dollar, PM me your address and I will send it today.:laugh2:

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
did you already try converting to aac?

I had several files that I had encoded a while back in mp3 that my iPhone did not like. I converted to aac and they worked great.

Jan 16, 2008
Louisiana
No, Im going to try that as soon as I get home... Im at work right now :eek:

I had several files that I had encoded a while back in mp3 that my iPhone did not like. I converted to aac and they worked great.

Jan 16, 2008
Louisiana
Ok, just got home, converted to AAC, and IT WORKED!

Thanks so much!

:laugh2::cool::laugh2:

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
convert to aac using iTunes.

My phone refused to play el mañana by the gorillaz

Converting solved it