iPhone Won't Recover

Hi I jailbreaked my iPhone 4 AT&T 16gb and i have done it be4 but i upgraded 2 the iOS5 and then i rejailbreaked it on 5.0.1 and it was all good until i bought Wi-Fi Sync on cydia and tryed 2 sync it up 2 my PC and yes after i did so i read that it says 4 a earlyer iTunes but now it wouldn't let me connect or anything so i tried 2 turn off my iPhone and restore it but it only gets half way please help me

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Hi I jailbreaked my iPhone 4 AT&T 16gb and i have done it be4 but i upgraded 2 the iOS5 and then i rejailbreaked it on 5.0.1 and it was all good until i bought Wi-Fi Sync on cydia and tryed 2 sync it up 2 my PC and yes after i did so i read that it says 4 a earlyer iTunes but now it wouldn't let me connect or anything so i tryed 2 turn off my iPhone and restore it but it only gets half way please help me
Hello. Thanks for joining. Have you attempted to put your phone in DFU mode with iTunes open to then restore to factory and use a backup? To put it in DFU mode, Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time. After exactly 10 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until you iTunes pops up a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
im trying that now 1 sec i hope it works because i don't wanna have 2 get a new iPhone just yet i wanna wait till the iPhone5
I just read online that "Wifi Sync" can cause this issue. Try to remove this from Cydia (don't worry, it'll still be paid if you wanna try to re-install it), also restart your computer if you'd like. Then try to restore your iPhone, recover using backup, then re-jailbreak. Be careful when installing certain applications, some will mess your phone up when it's not for your specific iPhone.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
ohh i kno :) btw its taking a long time 2 even get the first little bar now on the iPhone recover
Give it time. If it doesn't seem to go anywhere, re-attempt it. I'm not sure of what else. It shouldn't take long to do the initial restore.

Yeah, unplug and replug.

because 1 thing now when it trys 2 restore my computer sounds like its unpluging and repluging in like u kno when u hear the sound when u put it in dfu mode