iPhone won't restart... I've searched but no help!

Well I was using WinSCP changing icons on my theme and when I went to restart the springboard it froze. So I held down both the buttons and shut it down, then I restarted it and it stays on the Apple icon screen with the circular loading bar just going round and round and round for minutes with no luck.

What should I do? Will I lose everything? I have an unlocked and jailbroke 1.1.3

Thanks!

It's still sitting on the Apple icon screen and now the circular loading bar is completely white all around and doesn't appear to be moving. Also, I can still log into WinSCP and get into my phone. WTF?

I did the both buttons like 6 times and it does the same thing. I am going to try and restore but I don't want to lose anything. I can't restart the PC, it's a work computer which is on a network and it's the master computer, everyone will have to shut down.

If I restore do I have to unlock it and jailbreak it again?

Do I want to back up the settings for "Music"?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
I did the both buttons like 6 times and it does the same thing. I am going to try and restore but I don't want to lose anything. I can't restart the PC, it's a work computer which is on a network and it's the master computer, everyone will have to shut down.

If I restore do I have to unlock it and jailbreak it again?

Do I want to back up the settings for "Music"?

If you are unlocked (not an ATT customer), I would be careful. You might need to research a little bit around here...your answer is here somewher but I'm reluctuant to advise you on an unlocked phone....

When did you get it? Did you unlock it yourself? What firmware? All these things will help you get an answer from someone.........

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I'll help you unlock it again.

hold down home and sleep until the Apple logo appears again, then release sleep, and hold home until the connect to iTunes icon appears.

restore to 1.1.4, and download ziPhone (www.ziPhone.org) and after it is done restoring, select Do it All. it will stick at the activation screen for a second or two, then reboot in recovery mode and after a second, there will be white text scrolling across the screen. disregard all messages from iTunes and wait until ZiPhone finishes.

have a great day. PM me if you have any problems.

I'll help you unlock it again.

hold down home and sleep until the Apple logo appears again, then release sleep, and hold home until the connect to iTunes icon appears.

restore to 1.1.4, and download ziPhone (www.ziPhone.org) and after it is done restoring, select Do it All. it will stick at the activation screen for a second or two, then reboot in recovery mode and after a second, there will be white text scrolling across the screen. disregard all messages from iTunes and wait until ZiPhone finishes.

have a great day. PM me if you have any problems.
Thank you, I will try it, but will I lose any apps, music, contacts or anything from my phone?

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
apps : yes
music : yes, you'll have to resync
contacts : yes, you'll have to resync them
jailbreak : no, after you run ziPhone it will be jailbroken
unlock : you will be unlocked.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
I think syncing music and installing > screwed up iPhone. don't you?
=D
and I know that feeling all too well..

I think I've restored like 25 times within 2008.