iPhone wont ring or vibrate on incoming calls

Jan 11, 2009
Please help me with this matter ?
if you think its a physical or software problem
i bought the phone on craigslist
everything else works fine , when i listen to musik with speaker i could hear it
but i cant hear the ringtone , and it doesn't vibrate when someone calls me .

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Please help me with this matter ?
if you think its a physical or software problem
i bought the phone on craigslist
everything else works fine , when i listen to musik with speaker i could hear it
but i cant hear the ringtone , and it doesn't vibrate when someone calls me .
Have you checked the iPhones settings?

BigCiX

Zealot
Gold
Jul 11, 2008
Bakersfield, CA
Check and make sure that vibrate and ring is set to on in settings. Also make sure the volume bar is completly blue for max volume.

JSpald09

May 23, 2008
shake the phone and listen for a rattle near the ring/silence button on the side. if theres a rattle then something has come loose from a drop or something. i had this ahppen to me and Apple would not replace it.

Jan 11, 2009
yes , i heard something .. did you ever get it fixed ? and if so . how ?

Agent6

Sep 29, 2008
New Jersey
Did you hit the little button at top left side? That's for silence!
Hi, I just updated my 8g iPhone to a 2.2 version. Is there a way to hide my phone number private when making a call?

Axon

Jan 12, 2009
On the left side of the phone (if you are looking at the screen), there is a small switch. It is above the volume buttons on the side of the phone. If you can see a small yellow dot, the phone is in silent mode. Flip it up so you can't see the dot.

Jan 11, 2009
i try the settings many times i also try the volume buttons and the switch if any else to please let me know thanks

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
You could also try doing a restore but that would of course put the phone back to factory settings, thus erasing any unlock or jailbreak currently on the phone. If you do this you can still reunlock and jailbreak by using QuickPWN.

Try a soft reset before the restore by holding down the home and power buttons. It could possibly fix the issue.

Garneau74

Apr 21, 2009
Did you hit the little button at top left side? That's for silence!
Thank you for your reply. I checked the little button at the top left and sure enough, it was the problem! Now I have sound!

FAsnakes

Bronze
Jul 10, 2007
Ok, i've had the same problem.. It was described on the internet as, not waking up from sleep on incoming calls or text messages... Also my wifi was not working. I ended up replacing the phone.

From what i read on the net, there is one thing you could do.. If i remember correctly it involves jail breaking your phone, installing a diagnostic application and changing a 'plist file..

gl