iPhone Won't Unlock

Twitchthroe

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Clarkston, MI
I just downloaded the Orb application and used it for a bit and then my iPhone just closed to the lock screen by itself. Now when I try and slide to unlock it'll go blank for a second then show the slide to unlock screen again.

I just restored as well and it's still doing it. Any idea what I need to do?

Twitchthroe

Bronze
Jun 18, 2007
Clarkston, MI
I just downloaded the Orb application and used it for a bit and then my iPhone just closed to the lock screen by itself. Now when I try and slide to unlock it'll go blank for a second then show the slide to unlock screen again.

I just restored as well and it's still doing it. Any idea what I need to do?

Dec 10, 2007
blacked out
When you restored did you restore your backed up settings or did you "setup as new phone"? Restoring and setting up as a new phone should fix the problem. Just make sure you have your contacts and media backed up first because you will lose them if you don't.

Also there are several ways to restore. Try this one: Hold power and home button at the same time when the power off slider comes up keep holding them when it goes away leg go of the power button, keep holding the home button and plug in the phone. You should then see the iTunes icon on your phone screen restore from there. This is know as DFU mode restoration.

Jun 10, 2008
here is the fix

1. plug in iPhone to computer until the battery appears.

2. double tap the home button at the bottom

3. when the thing pops up hit play until a song starts (must have at least 1 song for this)

4. slide to unlock (this shold bring you to your home page)

5. tap settings and then general.

6. find "auto lock" and tap it

7. switch it to never

8. enjoy your ipod and uninstall orb:D

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
ok, i don`t understand how some of you can restore and still have the same problem, the only thing that pops up to me is that u restore from a back-up, in this case why in the hell restore in the first place