iPhone won't work w/ Windows 2000 Pro?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 13, 2007
So I finally bought an iPhone last night from my local AT&T store and when I got home I tore open the box as fast as I could and plugged the iPhone into my USB drive to activate it. Long story short...apparently you need Windows XP or Windows Vista to use your iPhone...the people at the AT&T store neglected to tell me this and now I'm pissed! I have Windows 2000 Professional and my iPod works perfectly fine on my computer, so I figured my iPhone would too. So now I have to go out and buy this software, wipe out everything on my computer and install the new operating system...just so I can use my new iPhone, ugh! My question is...am I able to get either Windows XP or Windows Vista for free through a site such as LimeWire? Or am I S.O.L. and my only solution is to suck it up and pay $200 for one of these operating systems? Any help would be greatly appreciated because I'm about to lose it. I have a HUGE headache and I'm grumpy as hell right now...I really need to find a solution A.S.A.P. before I throw my iPhone at the wall. Thanks guys!;)

Oct 13, 2007
Ok, so I did some quick detective work and found plenty of files named "Windows XP" and "Windows Vista" on LimeWire. But I'm afraid to open/run them for fear of crashing my computer or exposing it to a gazillion viruses! How trustworthy are these files on LimeWire? Is there anyway I can tell if it's safe? Will it even work? Sorry for all the lame questions; I'm not as computer savvy as the rest of you probably are and I need help!:(

g33k1

Bronze
Sep 6, 2007
San Antonio Tx
if your a college student or know one they can get xp or vista for free or around $20-30 though the school, I would not trust limewire. If your going to download it for free try torrentspy or isohunt and look through the reviews as they will tell you if its tainted or not working properly. (informational use only)