iPhone wont work with T-Mobile SIM

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Lethal

Dec 17, 2007
I was hoping someone here could help me out. I unlocked my iPhone and its 1.1.1 and I used anySIM to unlock the sim card. It said successful but when I try to make a call it says failed. Is there something that I am missing? Anybody else using a T-Mobile sim card with their iPhone?

My modem firmware is 03.14.08_G

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
I just virginized my 1.0.2 that was both JB and unlocked. Now it jut literally finished the 1.1.1 update....give me about 10-20 mins and I'll let you know...

All in all before I did this, anysim 1.1 successfuly unlocked my TMO Sim to work perfectly with my iPhone.

We'll see what happens come round 2...

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Alright...I'm up and running now... I followed the instructions to the T from this site

http://iPhone.ranova.org/

Now I'm applying the EDGE and youtube fixes and I should be all set... remember to set your WAP internet settings in settings>general>network to

wap.voicestream.com

Username:blank
password: blank

Lethal

Dec 17, 2007
Alright...I'm up and running now... I followed the instructions to the T from this site

http://iPhone.ranova.org/

Now I'm applying the EDGE and youtube fixes and I should be all set... remember to set your WAP internet settings in settings>general>network to

wap.voicestream.com

Username:blank
password: blank

I really appreciate your help. I will try this out right away.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Lethal, maybe its my phone but my TMO signal went down after the 1.1.1 update. I'm planning on finishing with 1.1.2 later today via this site here and hopefully that'll take care of this for me.

http://www.hacktheiPhone.com/112/iPhone_update_112_unlock_windows_1_easy.html

I'm still studying and making sure I've got everything I need before I jump into the final frontier for now....

To my knowledge, we can update from 1.1.1 to 1.1.2 and jailbreak allowing us the ability to unlock and go from there....I know it seems its been said a million times before out now its all starting to sink in.

Lethal, let me know how it comes out for you. Looks like we're both going through with this at it at the same time. If you have any questions feel free to fire away. This stuff's still fresh on my mind so I can help as well

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
I really appreciate your help. I will try this out right away.
Oh yeah, make sure you install the EDGE fix in unlock tools once you finish with the youtube fix app. That way when you set your EDGE settings they'll stick until you go back and change them vs changing back to the AT&T ones each time you reboot

Lethal

Dec 17, 2007
Oh yeah, make sure you install the EDGE fix in unlock tools once you finish with the youtube fix app. That way when you set your EDGE settings they'll stick until you go back and change them vs changing back to the AT&T ones each time you reboot
Ya I think we are both in the same position right now. Definitely keep me updated on how the update to 1.1.2 goes. I really need to get this baby unlocked lol.

Lethal

Dec 17, 2007
lethal, i think your problem is that modem firmware is 03.14.08_G is not for 1.1.1 but 1.0.2 and thats why you have problems. Im guessing your phone is jailbreak and you have installer. just go to http://iPhone.unlock.no/#how-to-downgrade-and-virginize-baseband
and use their guide to virginizer to undo what anysim did and restore to 1.1.1. after that you can use the jailbreakme.com method and retry anysim 1.1.
I virginized the phone but it says its 1.1.1 and not 1.0.2. Should I download the 1.1.1 firmware and just install that? I thought I tried that once and gave me modem firmware 04.02.14_G and I wanted 04.01.14_G

maf2003

Sep 24, 2007
I virginized the phone but it says its 1.1.1 and not 1.0.2. Should I download the 1.1.1 firmware and just install that? I thought I tried that once and gave me modem firmware 04.02.14_G and I wanted 04.01.14_G

ive never use the virginizer but i have used the BB downgrader to virginiz my upgraded 1.1.2 to modem firmware 3.xx then i restore to 1.1.1 and i had firmware 1.1.1 and modem firmware 4.1.xx. Im guessing that the downgrader should work on your 1.1.1 if it worked on my 1.1.2. just make sure you set your auto lock to never before using it. modem firmware 4.02.14 is for 1.1.2. you might have restore it to 1.1.2 and not 1.1.1.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
Maf do you notice an improvement in call quality with the 1.1.2./4.02.14 modem over the 1.1.1. setup or are they about the same?

I had 1.0.2 and loved the call quality then I upgraded last night to 1.1.1 and now the signal strength went down a bit...and so did my call quality. I'm with T mobile and plan on doing the 1.1.2 update and unlocking/jailbreaking that as well...I just want to have an idea of what to look forward to
Thanks in advance

maf2003

Sep 24, 2007
well i never had an issue with call quality with my iPhone in my area so i don't know if it will help u. i like 1.1.2 bc of less safari crashes. i say go for 1.1.2 bc you can always go back if u want.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
well i never had an issue with call quality with my iPhone in my area so i don't know if it will help u. i like 1.1.2 bc of less safari crashes. i say go for 1.1.2 bc you can always go back if u want.
Thanks Maf! I actually knocked that out last night and I must say call quality went up significantly. No breaks in the conversation, not signal stutters or anything....just clear cut conversation and no less than 4 bars at all times!
Needless to say I'm very pleased! But what makes it even better is that I managed to downgrade from the 19.99 to the 5.99 internet plan and everything comes up like it did before no changes in speed or anything! In this aspect, T mobile rocks!

maf2003

Sep 24, 2007
Thanks Maf! I actually knocked that out last night and I must say call quality went up significantly. No breaks in the conversation, not signal stutters or anything....just clear cut conversation and no less than 4 bars at all times!
Needless to say I'm very pleased! But what makes it even better is that I managed to downgrade from the 19.99 to the 5.99 internet plan and everything comes up like it did before no changes in speed or anything! In this aspect, T mobile rocks!
Np man im glad i could help. don't know if you know this website http://modmyifone.com/wiki/index.php/Unlock_the_iphone_1.1.2_%28Upgrade%29
but thats where i learn, using the guides. yeah t-mobile rocks just with the 5.99tzone youtube donesnt really work using edge. wifi is fine but edge you cant search. i can play some videos i had already search when using wifi but i guess thats the price we have to pay for cheaper edge.

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
I know right! MAf maybe we can be the first to figure out how to crack the youtube search code with the 5.99 internet! I'm glad everything just works on this phone! I love it more and more by the second. Its so easy