iPhone works Now on Vista 64 with iTunes 7.6

Itrekman

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
Yes I have tried it tonight if my phone get recognized on iTunes with my Vista 64 and it worked! yes Apple thank you for fixing it :cool:

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
For it not to have worked on Vista is a complete moronic blunder by Apple. Almost as bad as no picture messaging...or lack of cut and paste...blah blah blah

Itrekman

Bronze
Sep 27, 2007
My buddy that runs on vista 64 returned 2 iPhones after he found out that it won't run on 64. For 6 months everyone was blaming microsoft was the problem, I know it all Apples problem

Aslong it works now I'm happy!

Aug 29, 2007
Northern CA
Blue Screen of Death

I successfuly installed iTunes 7.6 and then used it to successfuly download 1.1.3 to my iPhone. I thought I was in fat city as I am a Vista Ultimate 64 bit user unable to connect my iPhone to Windows up 'til 7.6.

But then, I tried to restart windows - multiple times, each time with the same result - windows crash (the 'Blue Screen of Death').

When I rolled Windows back to pre 7.6, it started correctly. My guess is the driver for the iPhone but that doesn't make sense since it worked correctly right after the install. Any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

phillyphill39

Bronze
Dec 30, 2007
off topic which runs better, 32bit vista or 64 bit vista?

Aug 28, 2007
i think the only advantage of 64 bit is that it will recognize all 4 gigs of ram if you have it

rennyn

Bronze
Not the only advantage. As applications become optimized for 64 bit they will be able to run much faster and take advantage of the processors better.