iPhone X 64GB or 256GB?

Discussion in 'iPhone X' started by EverythingApple, Oct 26, 2017.

1. EverythingApple

EverythingApple Evangelist
    Gold

I currently have the iPhone 7 Plus 128GB. I have over 80 GB of free space. So I probably could get away with the 64GB. But, I also don’t want to have to delete stuff or save photos elsewhere EVER to “free” up space. And I think I’d rather have too much storage than not enough.

Comments??

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Well, the new HEIF/HEVC formats help cut down the file sizes of photos and videos, so that will help you save some room there.

I also have a 128GB iPhone 7 Plus, and I have 97GB available. I rarely use more than about 35GB on any iPhone I've ever owned, but I always like to have the extra storage there on tap in case I need it. I know that's not a rational thought process I'm laying out, but there you go.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  3. Mthoroughbred

Mthoroughbred Zealot
    Silver

just ordered the iPhone X 256gb in space gray from AT&T which ironically their website started taking orders 11 minutes ahead of time. I live in the eastern coast so i had both the apple store app on my phone and AT&T website on my MP and at 3:50 am the AT&T website asked me to log in and there it was lol.

#3 Mthoroughbred, Oct 27, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2017
  4. TDHawks

TDHawks New Member

I'm in the same boat. My 7 has 45 GB of used storage out of 128. Plus I haven't deleted old pics in a while. I am sure the 64 would be fine and it sounds as though I would get it faster than the 256, well, based off of Sprint's website.

5. EverythingApple

Gold

If most of storage is used up, does it slow the performance down?

6. Michael Baturin

Michael Baturin Evangelist
    Gold

Only if it is so full that you literally have no space left, and only slower because you'll often be prompted about it being full. Not actually slower. I have the 256GB iPhone 7 Plus and have 63GB free. I like to keep my entire 5000 song library local from Tidal in HiFi so that I can play it wherever, whenever and in High Fidelity. That takes up 130GB. About 10GB of Photos (optimized) is my next largest item then everything else is below 1GB. Naturally i went for the 256GB iPhone X.

7. Kobel1up

Kobel1up Contributor
    Bronze

I have a 7+ with the 128 gb and I normally have 20gb of free space. I have a very large library of movies and tv series. So I have 10+ movies and 1 or 2 complete tv seasons on my phone. When I ordered my X I knew the 64 would be way to small but the 256 is a little overkill. But I still went 256.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

8. TDHawks

TDHawks New Member

I ordered the 64 on Saturday morning. Sunday morning I decided that I would be better off with the 256 just to be safe so I called sprint to cancel and re-order and they told me I would be put at the back of the line and with all the incoming orders, it will be until December until I would get that version.
    So I decided to stick with the 64.

I don’t store music, or movies, just apps and pictures which I can upload pictures so I’m pretty sure 64 should be safe for me.

I may try and hit up a local store to try and swap them out once I transfer everything over from my 7 to see how much storage actually have left.

I’m only using currently 41 GB right now so I’m pretty sure 64 be safe Unless for some reason the answer twice the size on the X.

9. Sharunda

Sharunda Genius
    Gold

I ordered the Silver 256. I absolutely cannot work with 64GB. My current iPhone 7+ is a 256 and I have 127.5GB available so, yeah, 256GB for me.

10. EverythingApple

Gold

Thank you everyone for your replies...256 is for me. Overkill but better than having to delete stuff.

11. brdmsd

brdmsd Member
    Bronze

I have about 7000 songs on iTunes so I’ve always ordered the largest capacity IPhone available. They also have greater sale value later.