iPhone X or 8+

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I’ve seen on YouTube where a lot of people have returned their iPhone X for the 8+. I’m debating between the two. Which one would you all suggest for someone who watches a lot of videos and takes a lot of pictures? I’m currently using my 7+ in Rose gold. Thanks in advance!

FuelieNova

Contributor
Silver
Aug 3, 2008
I had the 8 Plus and traded it back in for the X. I like the X better because of the physical size but still a lot of screen area. I LOVE facial recognition, so far no problems.
I personally can't tell any different in pics between the two.
Gestures take a while to get used to but after a couple days no problems, easy to use.
Tom

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
I had the 8 Plus and traded it back in for the X. I like the X better because of the physical size but still a lot of screen area. I LOVE facial recognition, so far no problems.
I personally can't tell any different in pics between the two.
Gestures take a while to get used to but after a couple days no problems, easy to use.
Tom
Does the screen not being as wide as the 8 plus not bother you when watching videos? I was looking at them in the store and noticed the x wasn’t as wide. I’m wondering how that would be with watching movies & videos. Thanks for replying.

petlove

May 19, 2018
petapproves.com
The devices are really a personal choice. I have the X, coming from 7+ and previously the 6s. All of them are great devices but I chose the X over the 8+ because of the extra features like the OLED screen, Animoji and FaceID, but mainly I went with the X because it offered a larger screen size compared to my 7+, and in a relatively smaller overall device size. I’m happy with my choice, again it’s a matter of personal choice. Hope that helps.