iPhone XS/XS Max Shipping

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
The new iPhones have started shipping. Even though most people haven’t been sent tracking numbers yet, you should see it when you open the UPS app.

Mine went from China to Hong Kong yesterday.

If you don’t have the app and you haven’t been sent a tracking number yet, you’ll likely be able to look it up here: https://www.ups.com/tracking/tracking.html
Select Track by Reference, use your phone number for the reference number, then add the country and your zip code.

D2EA09D5-68F5-4710-930F-8803803CDB74.jpeg

Sep 12, 2018
Yep. My Max has been in Shanghai for 17 hrs now and my watch is sitting in Memphis.

reginaalear

Bronze
Jun 21, 2010
Western Kentucky
For some reason it never shows me my tracking. My order status is preparing to ship. When I look up by reference number it doesn’t show anything. I can’t wait to get it though.

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
It was pins and needles until I saw my shipped email. I wanted my max and my wife’s xs for our Disney vacation at the end of the month. Now I’m even more excited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
For some reason it never shows me my tracking. My order status is preparing to ship. When I look up by reference number it doesn’t show anything. I can’t wait to get it though.
Do you have the UPS app installed?

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
I typed in my Apple order number on the UPS website,but left off the last two digits of the order number. (thanks to a post on MacRumors). My UPS tracking came up right away when I tried that.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Just changed my delivery location to my local UPS hub. I’ll go pick it up after work on Friday afternoon. A six-minute drive to UPS sounds pretty awesome compared to last year when I had to drive six hours to Bakersfield, CA to get an X. First, I couldn’t get through in time on pre-order night last year, then I screwed up my Vegas order by not clicking the PAY button after reserving one. Doh! I got to check out a couple Westworld filming locations when I was in California, though. So that was cool.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Just changed my delivery location to my local UPS hub. I’ll go pick it up after work on Friday afternoon. A six-minute drive to UPS sounds pretty awesome compared to last year when I had to drive six hours to Bakersfield, CA to get an X. First, I couldn’t get through in time on pre-order night last year, then I screwed up my Vegas order by not clicking the PAY button after reserving one. Doh! I got to check out a couple Westworld filming locations when I was in California, though. So that was cool.
Wow, you are a hardcore Apple user. I can't imagine driving 6 hours to pick up an iPhone. LOL. I live 6 blocks from my Apple Store and I still want it delivered to my door.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Wow, you are a hardcore Apple user. I can't imagine driving 6 hours to pick up an iPhone. LOL. I live 6 blocks from my Apple Store and I still want it delivered to my door.
Haha! It’s just iPhones. I still have a pretty old iPad Mini and iMac. But I have to have the new phone the moment it comes out or I feel obsolete. Last iDay was horrible (the first time I couldn’t get my fix on launch day). It was like waking up Christmas morning as a kid to find your family had departed and Santa didn’t come. Well, maybe not that bad, but you get the idea.

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Haha! It’s just iPhones. I still have a pretty old iPad Mini and iMac. But I have to have the new phone the moment it comes out or I feel obsolete. Last iDay was horrible (the first time I couldn’t get my fix on launch day). It was like waking up Christmas morning as a kid to find your family had departed and Santa didn’t come. Well, maybe not that bad, but you get the idea.
You must have been so bummed out last year. I sat it out last year and wasn't aware you went through all of that. Now that I have the larger iPhone screen I don't see much need for an iPad. This year the pre-orders were a breeze, but I expect that during the S releases.

Sep 12, 2018
looks like some people have had their phones leave shanghai and arrive in Anchorage over the last few hours. Mine is a watch 4 and and I hope it leaves shanghai soon

Kobel1up

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 14, 2012
Eastern Ohio
Mine is sitting in New Jersey at a fed ex facility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

JWiPhone

Genius
Gold
Sep 18, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Mine says still Preparing for Shipping but the UPS site says my iPhone is in Korea right now.

Michael Baturin

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
South Jersey
Mine still says preparing to ship but I used the good 'ol Track by Reference Number and found it!

Feels just like old times!

Attachments

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
Yeah I do. It only shows me for the same day. Like it won’t show me any deliveries for Thursday or Friday
When you search by reference number on UPS’ website are you changing the end date to the 21st and using your billing/shipping phone number and selecting US and your zip code? Could it possibly be under a different phone number? Do you usually have UPS or FedEx deliver your launch-day iPhones? What time did you pre-order?