iPhone YouTube error

danb1215

Dec 26, 2007
Hey all, finally picked up an iPhone today and so far so good. I'm using edge and most videos on the youtube widget wont play. I get an error that says something to the effect of "this movie cannot be played". or "Error playing movie". Anyway i tried google searching but to no result, thanks a bunch for any help I can get.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Hey all, finally picked up an iPhone today and so far so good. I'm using edge and most videos on the youtube widget wont play. I get an error that says something to the effect of "this movie cannot be played". or "Error playing movie". Anyway i tried google searching but to no result, thanks a bunch for any help I can get.

The Edge is also slow today all the activation. Also you will notice that when on edge the quality of the movies is very bad, because uTube detects you are on edge and put in a lesser quality so it will try and stream faster.

If you are on a wifi, the quality is super and stream is fast.

danb1215

Dec 26, 2007
but does that effect the fact that some videos play and others don't play at all? I understand the speed and quality will be compromised but it seems like theyd all play.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
but does that effect the fact that some videos play and others don't play at all? I understand the speed and quality will be compromised but it seems like theyd all play.

Are you searching for a video.

First go to the favs of the uTube, select one from there, does that play? If it does that means it is working

Also all movies there may not be converted by uTube yet.

danb1215

Dec 26, 2007
I tried playing the featured video and this time i get an error connecting to server message. Safari seems to be working fine for what its worth.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I tried playing the featured video and this time i get an error connecting to server message. Safari seems to be working fine for what its worth.

Then the uTube servers are overtaxed. I just went on there via wifi and it worked fine, so I don't know.

I just tried it on Edge, took a long time to start which it did so...

danb1215

Dec 26, 2007
k, appreciate your advice, if anyone else has any ideas before I call Apple (really last resort, cant stand tech support) it'd be a big help :)