iPhone "zoomed" in on lock screen

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by smknSRT8, Oct 5, 2009.

1. smknSRT8

smknSRT8 Zealot
    Gold

Anyone ever see this?
    [​IMG]
    This just happened on my dads phone this morning, no abnormal use or drop of the phone.

I am thinking a restore is the only option here. I had him do a soft reset, but no luck. He said it was normal then it went back to the zoomed in. It is just that he is on businesss trip and needs his phone today...

Any ideas?

2. smknSRT8

smknSRT8 Zealot
    Gold

Just figured it out, my sister knew. This might just be a 3GS thing, but tapping the screen with three fingers resolved the issue. Anyone know the point of this "feature."

3. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Its accessibility features. Go into settings and accessibility and turn it off...

4. smknSRT8

smknSRT8 Zealot
    Gold

Thanks Ninja! Is this just a 3GS feature. I cannot find it on my phone...

5. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

6. smknSRT8

smknSRT8 Zealot
    Gold

Thanks, I wonder how my dad enabled this feature...

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I've given you incorrect (i think) information, I haven't got a 3G with me at present but on my 3GS the Accessibility option is in Settings-General-Accessibility ...once there, toggle everything to off.

8. smknSRT8

smknSRT8 Zealot
    Gold

yes, he just got a 3GS for "work" even though he doesn't have work email or contacts on it...
    He loves it though, what is not to love though?

9. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

lol. It is a truly spectacular phone, I honestly do not know what I would do without it.

10. iNinja

iNinja Zealot
    Gold

Agree with those comments, I love the 3GS, a lot more useable than the 3G with its speed!

11. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

The speed has got to be the main reason I upgraded, the internet experience still feels the same, but spotlight, it's amazing!

12. tee

tee New Member

Just had this happen on my 4S work phone (not personal). Was not aware of the "feature", and why accessibility is on by default must be an ADA accommodation I note a prior commenter indicating the 3GS is truly spectacular phone. I disagree that any iPhone is a spectacular phone. ALL are toy-like and are NOT primarily phones, merely devices that have a phone feature. Real spectacular phones are JUST PHONES and perform that function in excellence. iPhone has some nice features, but the touch screen sensitivity and sometimes lack thereof as well as the ineptitude of the SIRI feature are serious detractions. PS - I am not a fan of ANDROID items as phones either, so no need to blast me - just my opinion on too much of too small and too intrusive.

13. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

I haven't ever had problems with the touchscreen sensitivity on any of my iPhones. So are you saying you use a texting or flip-phone then? I agree that the "phone" itself could be improved and it was more reliable as a phone on my old flip phones, but I love having my phone, camera, GPS, video recorder and mobile internet all in one device. The screen size is great for me. I'm not a fan of big screens on mobiles.

14. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I like the zoom feature in accessibility. I leave it on, but have had it get zoomed by accident only a couple times. It's the only way I've found to zoom on Facebook and a few other places online.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app

15. tee

tee New Member

Well I have had an opportunity to appreciate the zoom feature. Well controlled it is OK now that I know - still disturbing when happens by accident yet welcome when requested. Good with the not so…

Wife now has iPhone5S - oddly I think that screen needs the zoom MORE due to the aspect ratio - HA!

Still have the same opinion overall on iPhone versus spectacular phone though...