iPhone2!

Zman-iPhone

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
Nope. The 3G capability is something that would have to be in the hardware, not the software, which is unfortunately not updatable through iTunes.

(But theres something to think of, hardware updates through iTunes).....hmmmm lol
Not many of us know, but the iPhone does in fact have 3G capalitlities built into the motherboard. Its just not activated yet. THIS IS THE MOST POWERFUL MOBILE DEVICE ON THE MARKET, and please don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The iPhone is also very easily capable of a GPS Navigational system, once again we are just waiting for the major update, which in fact should be later on in the week.

kgil79

Aug 16, 2007
Not many of us know, but the iPhone does in fact have 3G capalitlities built into the motherboard. Its just not activated yet. THIS IS THE MOST POWERFUL MOBILE DEVICE ON THE MARKET, and please don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The iPhone is also very easily capable of a GPS Navigational system, once again we are just waiting for the major update, which in fact should be later on in the week.
I would love to believe that. What do you base that information on?

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
I would love to believe that. What do you base that information on?
he is making it up so he feels better about his iPhone. the motherboard supports GPS and all that, but it is not implemented within it... it was on some thread a while back. The HARDWARE for 3G and GPS is not in the board even though it can support it so no amount of update can change that..unless they can digitally solder hardware onto the phone.

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Did I miss something? What's happening later on this week?! :eek:

dwcerra

Aug 20, 2007
3G

My AT&T sim card says 3G on it which I found interesting.

That IS interesting, I would not put it past APPLE to do something like that, esp. right before the Holiday. On a separate note. I noticed that the new iPod Touch is avail in 16G flash drive......hmmmmm will a 16G iPhone be released before Christmas?....afterall the price drop of the 8G and the discontinuation of the 4G....seems plausible to me anyway.....

Conan

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
Did I miss something? What's happening later on this week?! :eek:
People who have no evidence posting so they can feel better about their iPhones... lol

Indy

Zealot
Gold
Jul 29, 2007
Isn't there supposed to be an Apple event happening on sept. 25 in paris or something like that?

I think if there is and if Apple is unvieling their iPhone for overseas and it comes with 3g and more memory and whatever else, then for sure we will see a version with 3g and more around the holidays!

If the technology is there (hardware wise) there shouldn't be any reason to hold off on another model.

Just my thought. ;)

ArthurNY

Mar 25, 2008
iPhone2 will work on satellite wifi from anywhere on the globe, open anything on my Mac remotely, record video in HD and channel cable TV smoothly. Better yet, it won't drop any calls and will work from 1 mile underground (instead of getting no signal from my basement).
Thats nothing! i also heard once you enter the address in the GPS all you have to do is just hold on to the phone and it till fly you to the selected location within 15minutes it can even take you 1 mile underground, or just 6 feet under if you don't hold on tight enough because during the flight you elevate to an altitude of 13 000 feet at the speed of up to 1333.333 miles a minute. But don't worry iPhone3 will have a strap that you can rap around your hand to minimize the amount of strength you need to use to hold on to the iPhone2. But wait a minute! Thats not all! You can use your iPhone2 for heart transplants which is good but not as good as iPhone3 which can do brain transplants. You think thats it? Nope! Do you ever suffer from your bulky phone always gettin in your way? well.. worry no more iPhone2 will be invisible and absolutely undetectable. I have couple of this amazing phones available RIGHT NOW for a low low price of $36000.99. If you are not satisfied because you can actually detect the phone i guarantee your money back and another free Invisible iPhone2 replacement. Hurry before they all gone!

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
I love random prediction threads... here's mine. This week.

The next iPhone will look exactly the same, run the same software, and will add 3G. And probably more memory.

The one after that won't come for some time (I predict over 2 years from now). It will be even thinner and lighter (think iPod touch) and faster, with the ability to run Flash. It's not looking good for full Flash support on the current generation.

I also predict the current generation will be supported for at least 5-6 years, and the next generation will be fully backwards compatible, software-wise.

Other than adding hardware features and making it even thinner and lighter, I think they're gonna be hard-pressed to improve upon the form factor of the first gen, which will result in a long lifespan.

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Thats nothing! i also heard once you enter the address in the GPS all you have to do is just hold on to the phone and it till fly you to the selected location within 15minutes it can even take you 1 mile underground, or just 6 feet under if you don't hold on tight enough because during the flight you elevate to an altitude of 13 000 feet at the speed of up to 1333.333 miles a minute. But don't worry iPhone3 will have a strap that you can rap around your hand to minimize the amount of strength you need to use to hold on to the iPhone2. But wait a minute! Thats not all! You can use your iPhone2 for heart transplants which is good but not as good as iPhone3 which can do brain transplants. You think thats it? Nope! Do you ever suffer from your bulky phone always gettin in your way? well.. worry no more iPhone2 will be invisible and absolutely undetectable. I have couple of this amazing phones available RIGHT NOW for a low low price of $36000.99. If you are not satisfied because you can actually detect the phone i guarantee your money back and another free Invisible iPhone2 replacement. Hurry before they all gone!
Gee, you better get off whatever stuff you're on!
Make sure there isn't any carbon monoxide leak in your house. Oxygen deprivation can make us see all kinds of things.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
i'm almost certain there is something in the forum rules about bumping old threads being a no no

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
why would there be? it's better than creating a whole new thread on a topic already discussed ad nauseum.

i'm really not trying to be argumentative tonight, i promise.

aggieman

Zealot
Gold
Jul 6, 2007
Dallas, TX
why would there be? it's better than creating a whole new thread on a topic already discussed ad nauseum.

i'm really not trying to be argumentative tonight, i promise.
actually after reading that long post of crap I didn't know what else to say so I was grasping for some way it may be in voilation LOL.