iPhoneBrowser - Best App to MODIFY !

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
By far, iPhone Browser is the best app you can use to modify your iPhone !:laugh2:

it's just so easy,

-drag & drop your files into your iPhone (even multiple files)
-Preview any PNG,Plist,xml and text files.
-create folders
-full view of folders and subfolders
-preset directories
-automatically backs up any original file
and much more....

i used to use iBrickr, but it's just very time consuming and plain.
no type of UI or preview of files..

Give it a try...!
i've been using it since i jailbroke my 1.1.3 with ZiPhone (the Freaking best !):laugh2:

Make sure you add the "ZiPhone ibrickr FIX" from installer under
"unlockin tools" category.
installer source: i.unlock.no

get iPhoneBrowser here: http://iPhonebrowser.googlecode.com/files/iPhoneBrowser.1.52.zip

FOR WINDOWS ONLY...:eek:

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
is it like Customize or WinSCP?
No it is not, customize is a native app for the iPhone itself and WinSCP is a waste of time (to difficult to understand, even for Mid-level modder's)

iPhoneBrowser is an application use in windows which allows you to add and view files through it using a basic but yet very user friendly interface.:)

mflantin

Bronze
Nov 29, 2007
Once you get the hang of WinSCP, you'll never go back. I agree, iPhonebrowser is definitely more user friendly and easy to figure out, but you're limited on what you can do.

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Once you get the hang of WinSCP, you'll never go back. I agree, iPhonebrowser is definitely more user friendly and easy to figure out, but you're limited on what you can do.

Apparently I cannot use Ibrickr anymore. (I have just updated to 1.1.3 since you guys got 1.1.4. I stay one update behind). I will have to use one of these programs you suggested. Which one? I will be manually adjusting system sounds and that 1980's payphone looking dialer. Do you have a preference?

BD997

Bronze
Dec 23, 2007
Boston, MA
what kind of stuff can you do with iPhonebrowser?

depthnerd

Feb 16, 2008
Apparently I cannot use Ibrickr anymore. (I have just updated to 1.1.3 since you guys got 1.1.4. I stay one update behind). I will have to use one of these programs you suggested. Which one? I will be manually adjusting system sounds and that 1980's payphone looking dialer. Do you have a preference?
WinSCP is just a FTP server, I used it back when I had a Windows PC, but once I got my imac I used Cyberduck.

boitano

May 3, 2008
iPhonebrowser is not working on vistax64!

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia

I have not found that to be the case at all.. "youll never go back or limited"

after dicken around with winscp for a week or so i cant understand why anyone would need to secure tunnel on their own network!

anyways ports for iPhone browser seem to be 27015, 54764, 65,66

good luck !

fishbone

Sep 12, 2007
West Palm Bch., FL
winscp vs iPhone browser

<P>What excactly does winscp do that iPhonebrowser doesn't?...touch copy and total commander cost money so...</P>

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
this is an old thread... I noticed my input months ago before I knew what WINscp was.
It really is quite easy to navigate around in. Any app whatsoever can be adjusted through winscp. Plus it comes preloaded on installer, anyway, right? Just download it to your desktop, punch in the appropiate ip address and "root" as the username and "alpine" as the password and you're in businesss!

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
The main difference between WinSCP and iPhoneBrowser is the connection method. WinSCP uses IP address connection and thereforee requires a WiFi connection. iPhoneBrowser connects through USB so can be run on any PC even those away from an active internet/network/WiFi connnection. WinSCP is far far more powerful and has a lot of functions that iPhoneBrowser does not, to include a built in terminal program and the ability to work with the files beyond viewing images and video. If you are at work, as I am, and do not have WiFi ability then iPhoneBrowser is great (although I now use the iPhone PC Suite for everything).

fishbone

Sep 12, 2007
West Palm Bch., FL
Gotcha

The main difference between WinSCP and iPhoneBrowser is the connection method. WinSCP uses IP address connection and thereforee requires a WiFi connection. iPhoneBrowser connects through USB so can be run on any PC even those away from an active internet/network/WiFi connnection. WinSCP is far far more powerful and has a lot of functions that iPhoneBrowser does not, to include a built in terminal program and the ability to work with the files beyond viewing images and video. If you are at work, as I am, and do not have WiFi ability then iPhoneBrowser is great (although I now use the iPhone PC Suite for everything).
I have no wireless network at home so browser was the way to go but i dwnlded WinSCP in anticipation of an iminent wireless network in my home and am looking forward to the added features of using ssh..Thanks Griff

FTR

May 23, 2008
By far, iPhone Browser is the best app you can use to modify your iPhone !:laugh2:

it's just so easy,

-drag & drop your files into your iPhone (even multiple files)
-Preview any PNG,Plist,xml and text files.
-create folders
-full view of folders and subfolders
-preset directories
-automatically backs up any original file
and much more....

i used to use iBrickr, but it's just very time consuming and plain.
no type of UI or preview of files..
I installed iPhoneBrowser but it always has an error and requires to close, I tried iBrikr and it stays on the screen trying to contact iPhone, I don't know what to do. I can't figure out WinSCP at all. I have XP SP2 incase you need to know, please help.

iphonian

Jun 7, 2008
Thanks dude....
Thanks for this amazing pro. i have bought a brand new iPhone 1.1.4 -16GB . i couldnt sync with ma pc sofar. i use xp sp2 pc n how can i sync with it. when i try to open this app it shows some error..
here i attach the cap..

please help me dude...
Thanks in advanc

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Thanks dude....
Thanks for this amazing pro. i have bought a brand new iPhone 1.1.4 -16GB . i couldnt sync with ma pc sofar. i use xp sp2 pc n how can i sync with it. when i try to open this app it shows some error..
here i attach the cap..

please help me dude...
Thanks in advanc

Well if you want to "sync" your iPhone to back up all your music,movies.notes..etc...i recommend you use iTunes, but if you want to browse through your files within your iPhone or modify it...than use iPhonebrowser....you will need to jailbreak it first (use ziPhone to jailbreak) it's the easiest way, and adds installer and other important tools.

add this source to the installer app : i.unlock.no

than, from your installer, install the "ibrickr fix" app....this will allow you to use iPhone browser...

hope this works for you...

iphonian

Jun 7, 2008
Thanks a lot dude.. it really a new info for me.. am really a novice on kinda gadget. i v gone through the mentioned site.. but a little scary abt the procedure. as the phone is not common in ma country.. i think its very risky to play with it. because if anything hapnd it would be very hard to get rid off that issue. so i think its better go with iTunes, as i'm right now. what u think buddy?
Thanks a lot to giving me a solution.

:Thanks:

Mr. Baws

Sep 16, 2008
how to change permissions with iPhonebrowser?