iPhoneBrowser = drag & drop ringtones +

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 23, 2007
I just found this cool piece of code and thought I'd share as I haven't seen a lot of talk about it in these parts.

iPhoneBrowser (1.4) will do just that from windows. I was able to merely drag and drop my previously created .mp3 ringtones (I use Audacity) into the iPhone (modded - FW1.0.2) directly and bam! Also says it will work with ROMs, ebooks and themes. It was really, really easy.

Hope this helps someone!

shyn320

Oct 18, 2007
I just found this cool piece of code and thought I'd share as I haven't seen a lot of talk about it in these parts.

iPhoneBrowser (1.4) will do just that from windows. I was able to merely drag and drop my previously created .mp3 ringtones (I use Audacity) into the iPhone (modded - FW1.0.2) directly and bam! Also says it will work with ROMs, ebooks and themes. It was really, really easy.

Hope this helps someone!
how do i get this program? do u have a link where i can go and dl it?
thanks

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'm on version 1.1.1 and it's jailbroken, and I can drag and drop any file I want to ringtones, but only the ones with the M4r file extension show up, and those still don't play.

Jul 23, 2007
The wiki linked above states the following.

UsageTo use, plug in your iPhone and run iPhoneBrowser. The screen should show up with a listing of your folders on the left. Once a folder is selected, the files show up on the upper right. Select a file to see the contents in the lower right. Right-click a file or group of files to see a menu describing your different options, Save As, Backup File, Restore File (not yet implemented), Replace File and Delete File. You can also drag and drop files or folders into the file window to upload them to that folder.

Make sure you have at least V7.3.1 of iTunes installed. If you still get errors, make sure you have the Manzana.dll and iTunesMobileDevice.dll in the same directory as iPhoneBrowser.exe.
Has this been verified by those having problems? The information doesn't state anything one way or the other about 1.1.1, I'm wondering if it is supported or not. On the issues link it shows a post with a problem with 1.1.1...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Yeah, I have everything setup correctly, and I can drag and drop files into my ringtones folder all day, but if they aren't a m4r extension, they won't even show on the iPhone, and if they are a m4r extension, they just won't play.
I ended up trying the new Alpha Ihphoneringtonemaker 1.4, and I was able to load all my old ringtones, plus a few new ones, and all but one work fine.
Not sure why the one isn't working, but I'm not going to worry about it right now.