iPhonebrowser

eltocliousus

Bronze
May 7, 2008
After the complications of ssh i tried using iPhonebrowser but i could not find the folder for my Roms. No var folders. no media... no mobile. Nothing. So i tried to automaticly do it and it said, "Folder could not be found. have you installed jailbreak?" Anything i can do?

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You're saying the /var folder isn't there? That makes no sense. A lot of the parts of the phone depend on things in there. Are you sure you're looking in the / directory?

If you still can't find it, try a Restore and re-jailbreaking.

- John

eltocliousus

Bronze
May 7, 2008
You're saying the /var folder isn't there? That makes no sense. A lot of the parts of the phone depend on things in there. Are you sure you're looking in the / directory?

If you still can't find it, try a Restore and re-jailbreaking.

- John
I would but ive done so much to this phone that it would take me days to get it back to the way it was. Is there another way? Screenshot: http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5992/ihponebrowsergc0.jpg it says it is not jailbroken but i used ZiPhone after my last restore. It must be jailbroken because im using Installer and Orange simcard.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
In order for iPhonebrowser, ibrickr and some other programs to work connecting to the jailbroken phone (1.1.4) you need to install a fix file. I will find the link to the discussion on what it is you need to put on there but I believe it is called the ziPhone ibrickr fix or something like that.

Griffinaz

Zealot
Gold
Oct 5, 2007
Phoenix, Arizona
I was close. The file is the ZiPhone iBrickr Fix version 1.0 and you can get it at this installer source:

http://i.unlock.no

Before I installed this on my phone, I would only see part of the files on the phone and none of the ones I needed to get to. Once I installed this and restarted the phone, iPhonebrowser then showed the complete home directory with all other subdirectories visible.

eltocliousus

Bronze
May 7, 2008
I don't have Ibrickr on my phone ( unless ZiPhone puts it on automaticly? ) So should i install Ibrickr then the fix? or just the fix? And thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated

eltocliousus

Bronze
May 7, 2008
I don't have Ibrickr on my phone ( unless ZiPhone puts it on automaticly? ) So should i install Ibrickr then the fix? or just the fix? And thanks for the help. Greatly appreciated
Oh i installed the fix and its working now :p Thanks a lot youve been great. Take care!