iPhoneringtone maker update soon!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
From the site:
October 18, 2007

iPhoneRingToneMaker with Support for iPhone 1.1.1. coming soon

We are happy to announce the internal beta testing of iPhoneRingToneMaker with support for iPhone 1.1.1. Barring any unforeseen hurdles found while testing, a public beta will be released very shortly.

Good news for those that care!

Last edited by a moderator:

SkyyBoy

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Hawaii
thanks for the update.
now that i can get installer on my iPhone via iBrickr AND also get ringtones via iPhoneRingtoneMaker, the upgrade to 1.1.1 will happen soon for me :cool:

cep

Jul 21, 2007
What worked? Is iPhoneringtonemaker available for 1.11, and functioning properly? I was awaiting a reply before updating to 1.11. I know that Apple will put out a new version of software to shut the door again on these apps.

chris201

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
Wow man awesome, ive been waiting for this for a bit. But you emphasize read the warning first before using, it doesn't look threatening at all to me?
Thats what I was thinking. It is simply saying that if the song doesn't show resend it till it does show. If your songs disappear when you sync simply restore them with the magic button.

chris201

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
So I downloaded the program and the ring tone that I made will not play. I kept sending it like it said still won't play.

However the good news is that the ring tone was sent to the computer. So at least that has been accomplished.

All your normal ring tones still work so now worries.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I tried this and found something interesting.

It doesn't use the typical methods used to get ringtones on 1.1.1 phones. It actually uses MP3 instead of M4A (though it still uses an mfr spoof file).

And while it did work for me, it killed two of my other already-working ringtones.

Here's how it writes to the plist:
<key>A27A.m4r</key>
<dict>
<key>GUID</key>
<string>773DD04888C34171A90CF6234147A3A4</string>
<key>Name</key>
<string>Let's do the Time Warp Again</string>
</dict>
<key>A27A.mp3</key>
<dict>
<key>GUID</key>
<key>Name</key>
</dict>

Not that it places the m4r file first. GUID string is also very long, and there is no Total Time key.

Edit: iPhoneRingtoneMaker removes the Total Time string from ALL entries in the plist, not just those it adds (it not only removed it from all my other custom ringtones, but also the ones I bought through iTunes).

Edit2: This release removed the sound effects options. As that is about all I use this app for anymore, looks like I will need to go back to the older version (that and the fact that it doesn't play nice with my other ringtones).

--
Mike

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
So I downloaded the program and the ring tone that I made will not play. I kept sending it like it said still won't play.

However the good news is that the ring tone was sent to the computer. So at least that has been accomplished.

All your normal ring tones still work so now worries.

I wonder if they are actually going on the phone but just not showing up and wasting space, hmm!

chris201

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
I wonder if they are actually going on the phone but just not showing up and wasting space, hmm!
It shows the file in the sounds play list. But when you select the song in that play list to be your ring tone all that happens is your phone will vibrate there is no sound that is coming out. Seems to me that there is an issue that is not fixed yet.

To bad we can't let them know. I have tried to contact them and never get a response.

bigmac

Bronze
Jul 13, 2007
Los Angeles
I tried this and found something interesting.

It doesn't use the typical methods used to get ringtones on 1.1.1 phones. It actually uses MP3 instead of M4A (though it still uses an mfr spoof file).

And while it did work for me, it killed two of my other already-working ringtones.

Here's how it writes to the plist:
<key>A27A.m4r</key>
<dict>
<key>GUID</key>
<key>Name</key>
</dict>
<key>A27A.mp3</key>
<dict>
<key>GUID</key>
<key>Name</key>
</dict>

Not that it places the m4r file first. GUID string is also very long, and there is no Total Time key.

Edit: iPhoneRingtoneMaker removes the Total Time string from ALL entries in the plist, not just those it adds (it not only removed it from all my other custom ringtones, but also the ones I bought through iTunes).

Edit2: This release removed the sound effects options. As that is about all I use this app for anymore, looks like I will need to go back to the older version (that and the fact that it doesn't play nice with my other ringtones).

--
Mike

Can you translate to english?

curry

Oct 11, 2007
Ok so interesting thing happened...

After loading the ring tones and set one. I got a call from a friend the ring tone worked but when i answered the phone couldn't hear anything through the handset. Speaker phone works and my headphones worked...

I reset my phone and had my friend call back... same thing. Couldn't hear a thing

I changed my ring tone back to one of those regular ring tones and reset the phone. I can hear through the handset now but no more cool ringtones =/

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
Wow man awesome, ive been waiting for this for a bit. But you emphasize read the warning first before using, it doesn't look threatening at all to me?
Was not threatening to me either, but more that this was an alpha so while he put it out there it was clear how or how well it would work. I am still on 1.02 so don't want to upgrade till this is stable.

buttsecks

Bronze
Oct 1, 2007
i downloaded the new update for ringtonemaker and did what they told me to but still cannot get any ringtones on my phone. don't know what im doing wrong. running on 1.1.1 and phone is jailbroken. going to try again when i get home i guess.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I tried three different ringtones, and one actually worked! I've never used this app before, and I'm on a clean install of 1.1.1. Too bad I can't test it further due to the 3 time limitation. Trial limitation on Alpha software I'm testing? Lame.

rcrush

Jul 26, 2007
i Just downloaded the new version. Its working fine for me. The only weird thing is that when I sync iPhoneringtonemaker it deletes all the iTunes ringtones and vice versa. But it still works great.