iPhoneRingToneMaker 2!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
For those that are current users, there is a an update to IPRTM. Version 2.0 is out and is a free upgrade to current registered owners.
2 new features I noticed right away is that after you sync to iTunes, IPRTM will auto-sync right after and restore your ringtone as well. (since the problem with the files staying after you sync still seems to be a problem)
The other feature I noticed is a volume boost option while creating or re-editing your ringtones. So, for those that find the volume somewhat "lacking" with your current ringtones, you can increase is to a more noticeable level. I haven't tested this out yet myself, but as soon as I do, I will comment.
More to come- as soon as I get home and test.

Sep 29, 2007
Sounds like a nice update! I myself am a fan of Garageband and creating my own ringtone but from what I heard this is quite nice myself. I may try this in the future.

H

Hayesimus

One question, what are the iPhone requirements? Like will it work with all firmwares to date? or just the ones after 1.0.2?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
According to their site,(www.iPhoneringtonemaker.com) IPRTM supports:
iPhone firmware 1.0.1 - 1.1.2
iTunes versions 7.3 - 7.5
I won't have the opportunity to test until I get home after work this evening. I'll post my findings as soon as I can test.

H

Hayesimus

OKAY... yeah i couldn't even get it to work. I downloaded the file then hit install and it kept giving me an error message and i hit retry and it didn't work then i hit ignore and that happened a few times and then finally it finished and then i opened iPhoneringtonemaker and it was still version 1.2 or something, anyway yeah it didn't change anything...

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
OKAY... yeah i couldn't even get it to work. I downloaded the file then hit install and it kept giving me an error message and i hit retry and it didn't work then i hit ignore and that happened a few times and then finally it finished and then i opened iPhoneringtonemaker and it was still version 1.2 or something, anyway yeah it didn't change anything...

It's just as easy to make them yourself and drop them into your ringtone folder. All of mine are free, plus the ones I got from this forum.

H

Hayesimus

oh i don't really need the update. I use iPhoneringtonemaker to make the ringtone but i never hit the send button. I then open iBrickr and put the ringtone in manually since iPhoneringtonemaker saves it in my music under "ringtones" lol. i was just wanting to check out the updates...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Well, I just tested here at work ( yeah I couldn't wait) and made 2 ringtones. Canary in a Coalmine from the Police, and Flying High Again from Ozzy.
Initially I left the volume at default when making the ringtones, but then decided to test the booster. DANG! I couldn't use it past 10 without loud distortion. but 10 was good to Be just on the edge of distortion without "going there", and it was PLENTY LOUD.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Well, I just tested here at work ( yeah I couldn't wait) and made 2 ringtones. Canary in a Coalmine from the Police, and Flying High Again from Ozzy.
Initially I left the volume at default when making the ringtones, but then decided to test the booster. DANG! I couldn't use it past 10 without loud distortion. but 10 was good to Be just on the edge of distortion without "going there", and it was PLENTY LOUD.

Post it so we can get it.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
I'd be happy to email it, but posting it still illegal.
PM me your email and I'll send a zip of any you want.
Here are all my ringtones as of the moment:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force- For the Shorties
The Police - Canary in a Coalmine
Blue Oyster Clut - Don't Fear the Reaper
Ozzy Osbourne - Flying High Again
Filter - Hey Man Nice Shot
David Bowie - Man who sold the world
Yello - Oh Yeah

PS- ONLY a couple of these are volume boosted. the rest are at regular levels, but I am working on boosting them all.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I'd be happy to email it, but posting it still illegal.
PM me your email and I'll send a zip of any you want.
Here are all my ringtones as of the moment:
Aqua Teen Hunger Force- For the Shorties
The Police - Canary in a Coalmine
Blue Oyster Clut - Don't Fear the Reaper
Ozzy Osbourne - Flying High Again
Filter - Hey Man Nice Shot
David Bowie - Man who sold the world
Yello - Oh Yeah

Just sent you a PM

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
I upgraded from version 1.4.4 and it didn't pick up my ringtones made with the previous version! Now I have to replace them one at a time... I had about 25 of them. Anyone else have that issue?

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Did you upgrade, or go to the website and download and install? I found that with 1.4.4, upgrading goes to the "Final version" before 2.0, meaning 1.3 something. Uninstall the program, download from the site and install it again.
You should be fine.

Domin8stang

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
yeah mine when i upgaded it left all my old songs on the phone from the previous version, but they arent on the file list on the program, and when i sync they stay on thep hone. Im going to dwngrade, remove the ringtones, and then go back to 2.0 and then try it again, but the volume boost made a nice change for me :cool:

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Did you upgrade, or go to the website and download and install? I found that with 1.4.4, upgrading goes to the "Final version" before 2.0, meaning 1.3 something. Uninstall the program, download from the site and install it again.
You should be fine.
I did the download from the website and installed from the file. I just figured that the app would recognize the files in the previous Ringtones folder and carry on... but apparently not!