iPhoneringtonemaker and 1.1.1

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
This from www.efksoft.com:

iPhoneRingToneMaker does not work with iPhone Software 1.1.1. In the mean time, if you use or want to use iPhoneRingToneMaker, we suggest you hold off on upgrading to iPhone Software 1.1.1. When compared to Apple's ringtone offering, iPhoneRingToneMaker is still the easiest, most efficient and cost effective way to get free ringtones unto the iPhone and we are committed to doing everything our power to resolve this issue promptly.

I am now sufficiently bummed...

ejmonkey3

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
hey i want to do the update and i have this program. did you just connect it and do the update and then it updated perfectly or did you get rid of the program in iPhone. i don't want to mess up my iPhone and i want this update so what do i do first.

drconehead2000

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
I used the odd workaround method where you had to change the m4a to m4r extensions...it took some time and worked on 1.0.2. When I updated to the new 1.1.1....the ringtones no longer showed in iTunes, or on the phone...yet when a person with a personal ringtone calls...the ringtone works....very odd...but very cool!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
That sucks. Well just voice your dissagreement by NOT buying ringtones from iTunes.

This is the point that is being missed and the only thing about his update that bothers me. Apple gave us iTunes paid ringtones, and not even on all songs. The problem I have is that there was a solution to use other tones and music (either purchased on CD or composed by a friend) on my phone which Apple for some reason will not allow. I do agree with what you say as I will not purchase a ringtone from Apple. I will patiently sit at 1.02 until there is a fix for this..........

Crash Override

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
I'm making ringtones just fine with iTunes.

:p
That's great and all, but it doesn't solve the iPhoneringtonemaker issue. For the last few years, I've used the same ringtone for calls from my (now) wife, the theme from "I Dream of Jeannie". I originally bought the ringtone from T-mobile. The first time I changed phones, they sent me the tone back for free. The second time, they made me purchase it again. Eventually I found a better & louder .mp3 version of the song and made a ringtone for my Blackberry Pearl. Using iPhoneringtonemaker, I added this same ringtone to my iPhone. Once the 1.1.1 update came out (which I haven't installed) I searched iTunes for the "Jeannie" theme, and while it's out there, it is not available for ringtone use. now, if Apple were to allow me to add ringtones from my own music, I'd be happy to recreate my Jeannie ringtone through iTunes. since they won't, I'll hold off on upgrading until iPhoneringtonemaker is patched to work with 1.1.1, and keep all my third-party apps in the meantime.;)

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
No but iTunes may solve the problem of you making ringtones for your iPhone.
How exactly is that going to help someone who wants to use the I Dream of Jeannie theme song, or any of the tens of millions of other songs that are either not available on iTunes at all, or not available as ringtones?

Moreover, it has been said repeatedly this thread is not about iTunes and making ringtones with it. It's quite safe to assume the people in this thread already know that.

Finally, the ringtone I made in iTunes, the only one (it was just a test) sounds horribly weak compared to the very same clip I made with iPhoneRingtoneMaker--not to mention iPhoneRingtoneMaker let me add a nice effect to the clip, making it sound even louder.

--
Mike

Lester56

Bronze
Jul 19, 2007
How exactly is that going to help someone who wants to use the I Dream of Jeannie theme song, or any of the tens of millions of other songs that are either not available on iTunes at all, or not available as ringtones?

Moreover, it has been said repeatedly this thread is not about iTunes and making ringtones with it. It's quite safe to assume the people in this thread already know that.

Finally, the ringtone I made in iTunes, the only one (it was just a test) sounds horribly weak compared to the very same clip I made with iPhoneRingtoneMaker--not to mention iPhoneRingtoneMaker let me add a nice effect to the clip, making it sound even louder.

--
Mike
I'll refrain from this point forward in this thread.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
iPhoneringtonemaker offers "solution" for 1.1.1

efksoft.com's solution to 1.1.1 is to offer an Easy to use tutorial for downgrading from iPhone 1.1.1 to 1.0.2

It appears they can't fix what the update broke, so they are offering downgrading advice so that you can use the ringtonemaker. This is old news to most of us, but I just wanted ppl to know efksoft won't be coming up with a real fix any time soon.:oops:

Kipper

Bronze
I bought this prg a long time ago and I just re-updated it again to v1.3.2. I have iTunes 7.4 but still have 1.02 firmware. When I launch this prg and click manage my ringtones there is a msg at the bottom that says "to restore your ringtones please click here". I have done this but it still doesn't restore the ringtones that I have listed above on the list. The prg claims to restore them with anyone using iTunes 7.4. I have to manually re-edit them and add them back to the phone for them to appear on the iPhone. Anyone else having this prob? TIA.

Hondamaker

Genius
Gold
May 14, 2007
Fairborn, Ohio
I bought this prg a long time ago and I just re-updated it again to v1.3.2. I have iTunes 7.4 but still have 1.02 firmware. When I launch this prg and click manage my ringtones there is a msg at the bottom that says "to restore your ringtones please click here". I have done this but it still doesn't restore the ringtones that I have listed above on the list. The prg claims to restore them with anyone using iTunes 7.4. I have to manually re-edit them and add them back to the phone for them to appear on the iPhone. Anyone else having this prob? TIA.
Reinstall your ringtones the manual way with ringtonemaker, then it should work properly thereafter.