iPhoneRingToneMaker is here

tj8212

Jul 7, 2007
hi all, am new to this forum and hope am allowed to announce new software. We have just released iPhoneRingToneMaker.As you can guess, this app lets you create and put custom ringtones on your iPhone and is drop dead easy to use.

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
I don't know about the legality of this software as them may be selling something that has code that they done own the intelecturl
property

tj8212

Jul 7, 2007
yes, there is audicity and various hacks. But what average user wants to go through a 23 step hack or audcity that can be a bit complex to learn

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
Installed fine. Created a Ringtone fine. It uploaded it to my phone fine. When I select the ringtone it doesn't play and when someone calls it just vibrates. When you set the new ringtone in the Sounds menu it doesn't give you a preview of the ringtone either... basically everything works but the ringtone for me.

It would be cool if it worked though as it's easy to use.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
what crap.

everyone has to try and make a buck on everything.
Please, this is a neat idea and it's something many of us have been looking for. The software works great for me right up to the point to where the ringtone doesn't play on my phone. But if it did work this would be worth the $10 for those of us who don't want to hack our phones.

Try and ply nice with others, there's no point in being crass and rude.

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
I don't understand why the first thing out of peoples mouths are always something negative about something that they didn't think of creating or create. You guys could have at least just said "Good Work" and left it at that, why try to chew the man out for creating an application that can benefit many people that don't want to go through the trouble of using the CMD software and following the tutorials. Though I may or may not buy it, I would at least say good shyt on creating something for the masses that makes life a little easier.

Theres FREE or CHEAPER alternatives to a lot of the things we use, but yet we don't go jumping down the developers throat about it, we continue to use our way of doing what we need to do and let others seek the alternative.

Its amazing how people think and respond to things.

Had some of the skinners created PREMIUM skins to be released that you would have to pay for, I'm sure you would pay for it even though theres free alternatives out there, and you wont jump down their throat about carging for their release when the others are free.

This guy is creating an qulaity product that some people may take useful, just like free skins, but being that theres a price point you guys scream at him about it, try the software first, then comment. I'm willing to bet, majority of the negative comments were by people who haven't tried or could not try the software, but how can you judge something you have never used?

tj8212

Jul 7, 2007
Installed fine. Created a Ringtone fine. It uploaded it to my phone fine. When I select the ringtone it doesn't play and when someone calls it just vibrates. When you set the new ringtone in the Sounds menu it doesn't give you a preview of the ringtone either... basically everything works but the ringtone for me.

It would be cool if it worked though as it's easy to use.
After you put a ringtone on the phone, turn of the phone by pressing the sleep-wake button for about 6 seconds and you see the slider. Drag the slider to turn if off Then turn it back on. If you still have issues, contact support at efksoft.com and we will resolve asap

Iceblinkluck

Bronze
Mar 30, 2007
Long Island NY
I don't understand why the first thing out of peoples mouths are always something negative about something that they didn't think of creating or create. You guys could have at least just said "Good Work" and left it at that, why try to chew the man out for creating an application that can benefit many people that don't want to go through the trouble of using the CMD software and following the tutorials. Though I may or may not buy it, I would at least say good shyt on creating something for the masses that makes life a little easier.

Theres FREE or CHEAPER alternatives to a lot of the things we use, but yet we don't go jumping down the developers throat about it, we continue to use our way of doing what we need to do and let others seek the alternative.

Its amazing how people think and respond to things.

Had some of the skinners created PREMIUM skins to be released that you would have to pay for, I'm sure you would pay for it even though theres free alternatives out there, and you wont jump down their throat about carging for their release when the others are free.

This guy is creating an qulaity product that some people may take useful, just like free skins, but being that theres a price point you guys scream at him about it, try the software first, then comment. I'm willing to bet, majority of the negative comments were by people who haven't tried or could not try the software, but how can you judge something you have never used?
A few questions to the developer. Is there a mac version coming? If you sync with a mac can you still use this software by connecting your iPhone to your pc and sending the ringtone to your phone without involving iTunes?

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
Neat Software....Feature Request

Hey I think the softwares pretty good, though I have a feature request to make if its possible....

Is it possible to keep the music playing while trying to find start and stop point of ringtone, makes less seek and search going on.

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I have personally met and have had dealings with this developer, as he is well known for his work in the Palm community. I'd ask that we all welcome him to EIP. Development of software tools for the iPhone will do nothing but make for a more robust experience as end users.

-Chris

tj8212

Jul 7, 2007
Hey I think the softwares pretty good, though I have a feature request to make if its possible....

Is it possible to keep the music playing while trying to find start and stop point of ringtone, makes less seek and search going on.
Yes. as the music plays you can drag the green or red triangles. There is also a grey bar that shows the current location that you can also drag

SiLeNtKiLLa

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
Atlanta
Yes. as the music plays you can drag the green or red triangles. There is also a grey bar that shows the current location that you can also drag
Oh, ok....I got you.....You can slide the green slider only to an point that has been played, after that point music stops. And red slider can slide while music is playing or stopped. Pretty cool app.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
What else are you guys working on? If you could create an app for editing icons and uploading them without hacking the phone I would buy that too.