iPhoneRingToneMaker is here

infamousiphone

Jul 2, 2007
Last night I downloaded the trial version of the ring tone maker, and I worked great. I put 3 songs on it and they all sound good.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
Awesome program I must say, so easy to use and straight to the point. Definitely worth supporting the creators for the lousy $10 :)

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
one of the ring tones i made sounds terrible on the iPhone, anyone else having problems deleting after making them with this program? i tried manzana and iPhoneinterface but couldn't see the file nor delete with rmdir
any clues?

Ace4261991

Silver
Jun 18, 2007
from what someone said before you just go to the part of teh programs were it showes all the ringtones you put on so far and you just delete them from there

uPhone559

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
crap, so i have to pay $10 to delete 1 ringtone lol
i think ill just leave it there and try to not let it bother me, gotta go clean fingerprints off my phone bbl

Monalisa

Jul 27, 2007
Weird message on iPhone after using the iPhoneRingToneMaker

:(
First time posting

After using the program and down loading two new ring tone I got a message on my iPhone saying that this application is not supported by the iPhone and I should switch to Airplane Mode to avoid interference?!?!?!?!? The message kept popping up every time i tried to do something on the iPhone. I was about to restore my iPhone and than I erased the new ring tones instead and the message stopped popping.
Has this happened to anyone else?

Norwest

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
I loaded the software on my work PC and it worked fine. Uploaded 3 ringtones without a problem.

My issue is that it won't work on my home PC and that's where all my music is. I suppose I could copy a few songs I want to use as ringtones and do it at work though.

Observation: If this application could do exactly what does it now (via a web site or whatever) using the music already on the iPhone it would be great.

But it works. I got my "Secret Agent" ringtone on my iPhone without going through a bunch of command line nonsense. Kudos.

My $10 is forthcoming.

iLLGT2

Bronze
Jul 26, 2007
NY/LI
one of the ring tones i made sounds terrible on the iPhone, anyone else having problems deleting after making them with this program? i tried manzana and iPhoneinterface but couldn't see the file nor delete with rmdir
any clues?
Happened to me as well... Just opened the program and didn't even realize you do indeed have to buy it to delete them after the trial period is up!

First time posting

After using the program and down loading two new ring tone I got a message on my iPhone saying that this application is not supported by the iPhone and I should switch to Airplane Mode to avoid interference?!?!?!?!? The message kept popping up every time i tried to do something on the iPhone. I was about to restore my iPhone and than I erased the new ring tones instead and the message stopped popping.
That is weird.. The program worked flawlessly on my PC and with uploading the ringtone's to my iPhone.. Usually that pop's up when connecting it to an ipod dock in the car or something, don't know why it would be popping up by adding a ringtone.

tharmsen

Silver
Jul 5, 2007
I have a different problem. I've assigned a MP3 ringtone to my girlfriend and I'm using a default ringtone for my regular incoming calls. If the phone is just laying there not in use, when she calls I hear the music. If I'm doing something like listening to my iPod and I get a call, I hear nothing and it only tells me I have a missed call after it goes to voice mail (after ringing X number of times and my not knowing it).

Does anything else have this problem?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I have a different problem. I've assigned a MP3 ringtone to my girlfriend and I'm using a default ringtone for my regular incoming calls. If the phone is just laying there not in use, when she calls I hear the music. If I'm doing something like listening to my iPod and I get a call, I hear nothing and it only tells me I have a missed call after it goes to voice mail (after ringing X number of times and my not knowing it).

Does anything else have this problem?
Nope and all of my ringers came from this app.

That said I do remember what you describe happening once or twice to me, but it was before I installed any custom ringtones.

--
Mike

Tutumiles1

Jul 27, 2007
Help

That is a really good product! Ran it on my mac using parallels...Smooth and quick! +1 for the developers!
I am sorry I am not as Mac sophiscated as I am still learning the mac. I have the Mac Book Pro but I am not sure how to run parallel to help unload and create the ringstones. Please do a step by step for us less informed. I truly appreciate the help.

cmoney

Jul 27, 2007
I am sorry I am not as Mac sophiscated as I am still learning the mac. I have the Mac Book Pro but I am not sure how to run parallel to help unload and create the ringstones. Please do a step by step for us less informed. I truly appreciate the help.
Mac users can use iFunTastic instead. Worked perfectly for me and it's free! (Donationware)

http://www.iphonealley.com/news/ifuntastic-gets-an-update-again

and

http://forums.everythingicafe.com/threads/new-easy-ring-tone-maker-program-for-mac-users.6070/

Last edited by a moderator:

geordisjd

Zealot
Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Parallels

I would use funtastic indeed. I have Parallels too, but I couldn't get it to recognize the iPhone. Funtastic worked well.

empath3000

Jul 7, 2007
This program does not interfere with any of the iPhone's other functions, does it? I had heard that one of the early custom ringtone hacks made the phone unable to connect to the Edge network, and I wouldn't want that at all. Can anybody give me some info on this? I would love to give this program a try.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
First time posting

It is because you probably didn't convert the song to mp3. same thing happened to me and after converting it was fine. BTW you can only convert to mp3s if:1) You bought the song from iTunes plus.2)put a cd you own on to iTunes.[or]3) you copy the song you would like as ringtones on to a blank cd and puting the songs back on iTunes then converting them to mp3s. Hope this helps you :laugh2:.let me know if it confuses you a little bit and i will try and reword it.