iPhoneringtonemaker not working for me using Vista

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

liberated

Genius
Gold
Jul 19, 2007
The software does not work, I got the "unable to open .mp3 key" error, I even went online with the company that makes it and they were not able to fix the issue, now I have software that does not work!

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
The software does not work, I got the "unable to open .mp3 key" error, I even went online with the company that makes it and they were not able to fix the issue, now I have software that does not work!

I know this is not the answer you want, but give them time to fix things. Right now a lot of stuff does not work on Vista. I went back to XP actually on my box as I find Vista to be too young and not supported by the industry well yet (going to give it about a year from now then will go back perhaps).

I would strongly recommend in the future trying the free version of things before you purchase to make sure things are compatible. With the free version you could have made 3 tones free and gotten a good feel for how well it would have or would not have worked on your system......

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
I run it under Vista Ultimate and it works fine. I'm not doubting your experience, just pointing out that the problem may be due to other software or driver issues that make your system different from mine.

I suspect that the bottom line is that it will run on most Vista systems, it just won't run on yours for some reason. And running on your system is all that rightfully matters to you! I hope they get your problem fixed, and soon!

Crash Override

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
It works for me

I've got vista ultimate at home and vista businesss at work and it works fine on both.
Again, not saying you don't have a valid issue, just saying you may want to dig a little deeper, as the OS is not the issue

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
I've run it without issue on a Vista machine too.

While I empathize that it doesn't work for the OP, the title of this thread is misleading.

--
Mike