iPhoneRingtonemaker sync issue

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
I just noticed that no matter what I have to sync on my iPhone it wipes out ALL of my ring tones EVERY TIME!

Want to load on a new podcast... ringtones gone.
Want to add a new song... ringtones gone.
Want to sync my contacts... RINGTONES GONE!

I appreciate it allows me to send them back to my phone in a batch job or else I would go mad but even if I take out the ringtone sync every time I dock my phone I have to reassign the ringtones.

How frustrating!

Anyone know of a way to preserve my tags so that when I resotre my tones the phone will remember who I set tones to and restore them as well?

Would that be a 3rd party app or a new function that would have to be built into iPhoneringtonemaker or an allowance the iPhone would need?

Has anyone solved this annoyance yet? I don't want to reassign my tones each and every time I dock my phone.

jpmihalk

Bronze
May 16, 2007
USA
Have you updated the version of the iPhoneringtonemaker software yet? Also, it seems that if you updated to iTunes 7.4.1 or 7.4.2 then it wipes out the ringtones... Apple's "fix" to get you to use their ringtones.

greenjbhsd

Silver
Jul 13, 2007
I just noticed that no matter what I have to sync on my iPhone it wipes out ALL of my ring tones EVERY TIME!

I appreciate it allows me to send them back to my phone in a batch job or else I would go mad but even if I take out the ringtone sync every time I dock my phone I have to reassign the ringtones.

How frustrating!

Anyone know of a way to preserve my tags so that when I resotre my tones the phone will remember who I set tones to and restore them as well?

Would that be a 3rd party app or a new function that would have to be built into iPhoneringtonemaker or an allowance the iPhone would need?

Has anyone solved this annoyance yet? I don't want to reassign my tones each and every time I dock my phone.
It is not what you want to hear, but roll your version of iTunes back to 7.3.1 and you are fine. I never updated my iTunes and I have no problems with iPhoneringtonemaker. Not a direct answer to your question, but a solution to the problem. It is anyones guess what Efko will do with the software, hopefully it will be a better solution then is presented now, which is what actually prevented me from updating iTunes actually.

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
Have you updated the version of the iPhoneringtonemaker software yet? Also, it seems that if you updated to iTunes 7.4.1 or 7.4.2 then it wipes out the ringtones... Apple's "fix" to get you to use their ringtones.
Thanks for the reply so quickly. Much appreciated.

I have the latest iPhoneringtonemaker 1.3.2, thank god for the batch resend.

The software version on my iPhone is 1.0.2

and my iTunes is 7.4.1.2

Banzai

Bronze
Aug 24, 2007
It is not what you want to hear, but roll your version of iTunes back to 7.3.1 and you are fine. I never updated my iTunes and I have no problems with iPhoneringtonemaker. Not a direct answer to your question, but a solution to the problem. It is anyones guess what Efko will do with the software, hopefully it will be a better solution then is presented now, which is what actually prevented me from updating iTunes actually.
That's what I was affraid of. Apple caught wise to the app and figured a way to clean the slate for the work they have done.

I hope iPhoneringtonemaker is on top of the game and updates, I just bought the app!

Found the older iTunes, thanks!

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal

How frustrating!

The developers are currently trying to fix this problem but for now we just have to resend. Personally, the iTunes update was not even worth it.