iPhones battery question.

twista_8604

Bronze
Mar 6, 2008
washington
im sure all of you have owned a cell phone for over a year. after using a cell phone for many months the battery will stop holding a charge for as long as it used to when you first bought that phone. at that point we all would just go out and buy a new battery and pop it in the phone and be good. what happenes when the iPhones battery stops holding a good charge. we cant jus pop out the old battery and slide a new one in. do we have to buy a new phone or will sombody change it for us?

CanSpec

Bronze
Mar 5, 2008
I would like to know this aw well. I heard that you have to return it to Apple and they will replace it? How much...I don't know.

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
You will have to return it to Apple so that they can replace your battery. They have a fee of $75 or $80 for the same.

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
there is web sites I've seen where you can buy a replacement battery and tools to do it yourself...but.....I wouldn't do that. I'm just gonna send mine in. So they say like a year.. That will be in June for lots of us. Has anyone had to have a new battery put in yet? If so how long did it take? What I'm thinking is that in June they are gonna be really busy with replacing batterys and its probably gonna take FOREVER to get it back! Anyone elses thoughts?

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
there is web sites I've seen where you can buy a replacement battery and tools to do it yourself...but.....I wouldn't do that. I'm just gonna send mine in. So they say like a year.. That will be in June for lots of us. Has anyone had to have a new battery put in yet? If so how long did it take? What I'm thinking is that in June they are gonna be really busy with replacing batterys and its probably gonna take FOREVER to get it back! Anyone elses thoughts?

Apple stores wont do this for you? Was Apples intention to make this process as painful as possible?

Last edited by a moderator:

powersrus

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Battle Creek, MI.
yes Apple has info on this on the support page for iPhone .. Down on the right side of the page. Battery replacement program. Bought $86.00 .