iPhone's clock

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

birkoff

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
I'm not a real horologist, but my observation is that
iPhone syncs with very precise time, + or - 1 sec.
I compare it with a Oregon Scientific WWV clock and
its pretty much spot on. Whereas my old Cingular
Razr was about as accurate as a civil war pocket watch.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Normally, your iPhone's Date and Time is synced with your computer's.
To disable this, go under General Settings.
Find Date & Time.
Turn of Set Automatically. You will then have to set the time yourself.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Normally, your iPhone's Date and Time is synced with your computer's.
To disable this, go under General Settings.
Find Date & Time.
Turn of Set Automatically. You will then have to set the time yourself.
I have a little app that syncs my desktop computer clock with the U.S. Naval Observatory Master Clock every twelve hours. My iPhone time is deadly prompt.

Of course, I then set my car clock 5 minutes fast, since I myself am *not* deadly prompt. :)

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
I have a little app that syncs my desktop computer clock with the U.S. Naval Observatory Master Clock every twelve hours. My iPhone time is deadly prompt.

Of course, I then set my car clock 5 minutes fast, since I myself am *not* deadly prompt. :)
What might that little app be? I want it.

up10ad

Genius
Gold
Aug 1, 2007
Fruita , CO
up10ad.com
Most cell phones are synced with the tower, which is synced with a time control selected by the provider ( I manage sites for a wireless provider). However, I can't find any confirmation that this is the case with the iPhone. Obviously it could just use its own internal clock and sync it with any number of time sites. Now I'm curious... :confused:

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Yeah, having traveled across time zones, it appears that iPhone clock is synced by cell towers. I don't believe it adjusts anything during the sync (even though some equivalent Palm devices does).

Also, take note that if you go from say California to Texas, your appointments will not auto-adjust to the time change. They'll all be 2 hours off...