iPhones do not float!

plainjs

Mar 17, 2008
New to the group, Hi to everyone.

Got iPhone as a present and had only just started to use it when I took it with me to Costa Rica, phone worked great in an area (Dominical) where Mobiles generally do not do well. Coming back from a hike one day I forgot I had iPhone on my hip and dove into the pool! (fresh water)
I immediately shook out as much water as I could and have been keeping it in a warm dry environment for the past week or so and have not tried to connect it to anything for fear of making a bad situation worse.

Can the pictures phone numbers etc be salvaged?
Can the phone be refurbished?

..john

chrismmm

Silver
Dec 27, 2007
Gwinnett, Georgia
from my military experience..if this was in salt water or brackish water letting it dry out could do more harm than good. but since this was fresh water..let it dry..hell let it over dry...then charge it and fire it up. probably dead..but you never know. good luck..

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
your screwed....=)

But really try rice+iPhone In ziplock bag=obsorbtion(spelling?)

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
pool water isn't salty, which is good, but it is chlorinated, which is bad!

Dry it in a sealed bag with uncooked rice or silica beads and don't plug it in or turn it on for a week.

If that's doesn't work (I mean, you're getting nothing and have nothing to lose), I would actually give it another dunk in distilled water, flush it around, shake it out really well and repeat the drying process, with the hopes of getting chlorine residue out of there.

CBRfanatic

Bronze
Feb 28, 2008
Bronx
i don't think anything will help you at this point, you shorted the phone by crossing contacts within, the only thing you can hope for is that the shortage did not wipe out the flash drive, which is really easy to do in this case. Best bet is to take it to Apple and see if they can recover the data for you. Then purchase a copy of iSim and transfer all contact info to sim card in case of another accident.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Try the rice trick. I've heard it works wonders. Best of luck.

- John