iPhone's "make's no sence" thread....

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
iPhone's "make's no sense" thread....

just to start off....

I can delete a pic from my camara roll but i cant from my albums? makes no sense.

I can delete a movie, but not a song? makes no sense.

I can type in landscape mode on safari, but no where else? makes no sense.

Playing a song is loud...but everything else isn't? makes no sense.

I can delete any sms message i want ..but i cant delete any call that i want? makes no sense.

My pre-installed wallpaper looks super sharp and clear..but my cutomed ones don't? (and yes i did re-size them correctly).....makes no sense.

these are just a few my friends..... if you have any, please post..:p

iPhobos

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I thought the landscape typing thing was weird, especially since I have developed a two handed typing method with my thumbs online.

Not being able to delete pics from the user created folders is a little strange but understandable but still they are pictures that you placed on your phone.

The video thing is stated as being a space saver and thats why you can delete movies but then why wouldn't they do it for music

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
I thought the landscape typing thing was weird, especially since I have developed a two handed typing method with my thumbs online.

Not being able to delete pics from the user created folders is a little strange but understandable but still they are pictures that you placed on your phone.

The video thing is stated as being a space saver and thats why you can delete movies but then why wouldn't they do it for music

yeah maybe ...but i was able to delete anything i wanted on my treo....and the treo was not a "revolutionary" phone. know what i mean...;)

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
nothing is perfect in this world. Eventually the updates should fix the issues that you have mentioned. I think you are asking for too much initially. May be you should talk to Apple and let 'em know your feedback instead of this forum.

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
nothing is perfect in this world. Eventually the updates should fix the issues that you have mentioned. I think you are asking for too much initially. May be you should talk to Apple and let 'em know your feedback instead of this forum.

don't get me wrong here...i love my iPhone and everythig in it ,but why release a device that's half -assed....

and not to mention...cannot use as an external drive...or save pics from the web... or copy and paste and no customed mp3 ringtones?....are you telling me you would want these features the day you purchased your phone insted of waiting weeks ( or months) for them? i thought so..

thesaint

Bronze
Jul 9, 2007
DFW
don't get me wrong here...i love my iPhone and everythig in it ,but why release a device that's half -assed....

and not to mention...cannot use as an external drive...or save pics from the web... or copy and paste and no customed mp3 ringtones?....are you telling me you would want these features the day you purchased your phone insted of waiting weeks ( or months) for them? i thought so..
Every phone initially released has one or the other problems, iPhone is a revolutionary phone with tons of different things than other manufacturers. Guess we need to give 'em sometime to work with the same. Hope for the best from Apple :)

katra

Bronze
Jun 26, 2007
Every phone initially released has one or the other problems, iPhone is a revolutionary phone with tons of different things than other manufacturers. Guess we need to give 'em sometime to work with the same. Hope for the best from Apple :)

yeah...who am i kidding... your right ! i still love my iPhone!:laugh2:

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
Devices are rushed to the market to make more money. The earlier it's out, the earlier people can buy it, and the more units they can sell...

Also, remember, Leopard was supposed to be out before the iPhone. I think Apple thought they could push back leopard because people already have OS X but a cell phone is new and much more hyped. Imagine if Apple had delayed the iPhone until october like leopard. It would have REALLY looked bad. The way it is now, they have some bugs they need to fix, but at least the product is out there.

Imagine this too. Steve Jobs' next keynote. Him walking around on a humongous stage, sell ing the new iPhone. The whole time talking about file sharing between these new iPhones, and streaming content from your home computer using these new iPhones, and A2DP enabled on these new iPhones, and flash enabled on these new iPhones, and ranting on and on about the new iPhone's features and then making that dramatic pause and saying, "the new iPhone IS this iPhone and will be able to do all these things after an iTunes update tonight at midnight".

Apple (let's say Jobs) has a penchant for waiting around and then BLOWING THE crap out of the water. I think they are going to want to do a big rehype of the iPhone along with the leopard release, and really sell the two together (after all isn't iTunes itself an advertisement for macs).

The Apple

Zealot
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
Indiana
This is a popular forum. I'm sure people at Apple are reviewing it. If enough people on here have similar requests Apple will probably notice.