iPhones on Straight Talk plan from Wal-Mart?

1. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot Gold

I have a new Verizon 4S that I got thanks to my neighbor. She was going to renew her contract with a regular flip-phone so I got her a new flip-phone on Ebay and she renewed her contract and I got the upgrade, a white 16GB iPhone 4S.

I've been looking at prepaid plans on Verizon and the best I could come up with was Straight Talk. $45 for unlimited everything is hard to beat.

Can a Verizon iPhone be used on Straight Talk? If anyone has used a iPhone 4 I'll try to use the iP4S.

2. Jmbaker429

Jmbaker429 Evangelist Gold

Yes it can but you need to be jailbroke to get all the features to work on it using the straight talk. Just google it. It's been done by a lot of people.

3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot Gold

Thanks, I saw you have to buy another phone to use that sim card but the info out there is months old. I was wondering if anyone here has done it recently.

BTW, congrats on the newest iPhone 4SS (extra S on yours?)(y)

5. Dj101

Dj101 Member Bronze

6. katelynneemma

katelynneemma Evangelist Gold

Couldn't you just do Verizon prepaid? Unlimited everything is only $50 a month. Swap sims and your good to go.

7. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist Gold

Verizon don't use sims.

8. katelynneemma

katelynneemma Evangelist Gold

didn't know that. My old Verizon prepaid had a sim. Been a couple of years tho. :)

9. ipad2cover

ipad2cover Guest

That phone is so expensive. I wonder how you can get just a SIM. Especially since TracFone might cut you off when they catch on, and then you are stuck with a very expensive brick.

Does this mean the E71 phone will also work with any AT&T SIM? If so, I guess you could sell it on eBay and get some of your money back.

10. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot Gold

Not TracFone, use Straight Talk, two different animals.

Since my post here almost 2 years ago I've used Straight Talk on the 4S and it works perfectly.

11. cheekymeeko

cheekymeeko Member Bronze

The question is can this also be used on iPhone 5. If so I will physically go to a store on the 21st. I don't know if I will have to get the unlocked version vs jailbraking a regular one.

12. Brian009

Brian009 New Member

PLS help me i have a verizon iPhone 4 can i get set up on straight talk if so can you explain how?

13. imutter

imutter Genius Gold

cricket has iPhones

14. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor Silver

I strongly suggest that you do NOT use Straight Talk. I used them for a few months after my contract expired with AT&T. Its really tempting to save money but you MUST read their disclaimers. You are NOT permitted to use any APPs that stream data over their network (Pandora, Radio Apps etc). It you go over 125meg a day, expect an automated phone call. If you go over 1.5gb before the end of the billing cycle they will either throttle you down to a turtle's pace or shut down the phone. You are getting this information from the horse's mouth! Furthermore, in order to change network settings you will have to make some mods. I don't think a JB is needed but you need to download from Safari a means of changing your APN settings. Lastly, you will give up the ability to have visual voice mail.

15. cheekymeeko

Does the facetime feature fall under visual voicemail or is that separate?

16. Brian009

Brian009 New Member

i know cricket has i phones but why would i wanna spend another $400 on theirs when i have one already. That is my whole point of trying straight talk. Also heard that T Mobile just started something similar to straight talk called "Beyond Talk" or something. Suppose to b compatible with the Verizon i phones as long as they are unlocked? Anyone know?

17. djwindsor

djwindsor Contributor Silver

FaceTime is separate. Regardless, I have a feeling they will even consider FaceTime streaming. Go to their website and read their TOS. After you read it I doubt you'd make the switch. You get what you pay for.

18. cheekymeeko

Well If I buy the phone unlocked from Apple, are there any plans (w/o contract) for unlimited data for $60/month? I have a smartphone on metropcs, and I use google, gps, etc. Not sure if it's truly " unlimited " because I haven't had any problems. I don't think I've been throttled. I'm assuming with the iPhone I will use more features including facetime. I noticed that T-mobile has a $60 plan up to the first 2GB used. On average how much data does a person need for the iPhone? I might use the iPhone for music but I do have an ipod nano with so much space on it.

19. upstatecake86

upstatecake86 New Member

I actually have straight talk unlimited plan $45 plus tax now for my iPhone 4 a friend of Mine also has it I haven't had any problems or complaints yet and I've had it going on 4 months my friend has had it longer, I jailbroke mine (which you don't have to) and had no problems I use FaceTime down load apps etc. if I knew about straight talk awhile ago I would have been gotten it, only reason I got straight talk because I lost my AT&T service that I had for almost 3 years :-( if you have any questions or concerns feel free to message me hope I was some sort of help take care!

20. Ziggy Griffis

Ziggy Griffis New Member

can someone please tell me exactly what to do to be able to make my verizon iPhone 4 a straight talk phone?

21. upstatecake86

upstatecake86 New Member

Not a 100% sure how to but your beat bet is YouTube or even google I have it for AT&T