iPhones wifi stops working when headphone audio cable is plugged in

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by MuggeGHQ, Feb 7, 2015.

1. MuggeGHQ

MuggeGHQ New Member

Hi

I have a really weird problem here.

My extra iPhone 4s i'm using for playing music, Spotify etc. etc (Streaming)
    is working alright.
    But if i plug in a audio cable in the headphone plug, the wifi stops working ???
    This is really weird and i have tried 2 iPhones now and it's the same problem.
    How can that happen. I hope you understand what i mean.
    The iPhone is connected to my home WIFI and working fine. As soon as i plug in the audio cable for my speakers. The iPhone looses it's wifi connection.
    I have never experience anything like this before and i'm sure my iPhone is fine because it happen on 2 different iPhones.

Please if anyone have a solution.

Thanks

2. Kadelic

Kadelic Genius
    Gold

• The first thing to try is rebooting your device. Hold down the home and power buttons until the Apple logo appears. It also wouldn't hurt power cycle your WiFi router by unplugging it, counting to ten*, then plugging it back in. If that doesn't work you might also try resetting Network settings on the iPhone by going to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. You'll have to re-enter your WiFi password.

3. MuggeGHQ

MuggeGHQ New Member

Hi there. Thanks for your suggestions but i have tried them all and its not only one 1 iPhopne.
    Its all i have. If wifi i on and connected, if i plug in the audio cable to the speakers. The wifi connection dies ???
    Totally weird. Its like something touches the metal frame around the iPhone 4 and 4s when i plug in the cable.
    When you plug the cable in. It will touch the frame also and when it does. Wifi dies.. so strange.

4. RBNetEngr

RBNetEngr Contributor
    Bronze

Does it happen if your plug a set of headphones into your iPhone?

What speakers are you using?

Is this a new problem (it used to work and now it does this), or has it done this from the first time you tried using the speakers with your iPhone?

Can you try using a different cable between the iPhone and speakers?

5. MuggeGHQ

MuggeGHQ New Member

Hi. Thanks for your help and suggestions. I already tried another cable. Same thing.
    Its a Logitech Z-4 2.1 Speaker System with Subwoofer
    I have no idea why this happen. Today i bought a Bluetooth adaptor and now everything works. But when i plugged in the standard audio cable from the speakers and to the iPhone. The WIFI signal went away after a short time ??? Kind of if the cable had some kind of interference with the WIFI. So super strange. Now i play over Bluetooth so no need of audio cable so WIFI works fine now. But i would still really like to know why this happen. Never saw anything like it.

Thanks again for your help and suggestions.

#5 MuggeGHQ, Feb 14, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2015
  6. alicepattinson

Bronze

I don't know that it has a connection, try to reset it to its factory default. :)