iphoto and leopard

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
another problem for myself and again i'm totally at your will,

i had to clear my macbook totally and format my HD and install leopard and the problem i have now is that i don't have iphoto anymore because it doesn't come with it! is there any way i can get this without paying for it? any help would be greatly appreciated!

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
another problem for myself and again i'm totally at your will,

i had to clear my macbook totally and format my HD and install leopard and the problem i have now is that i don't have iphoto anymore because it doesn't come with it! is there any way i can get this without paying for it? any help would be greatly appreciated!
IPhoto is part of iLife that is separate software that comes with the computer. It is not part of the Leopard OS. Did your MacBook come with a CD of the software? I got my MacBook recently, but I do not remember everything that came with it.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
my laptop originally came with two disks, who knows where they are! I got my MacBook ages ago, I've put more ram in it and installed leopard. I would of stayed with tiger but I had software issues so I had to install my new operating system to a external HD n boot my laptop through that n retrieve the bits I needed like music n photos n a few programmes. I then formatted by hard drive n installed leopard, not knowing that it never came with iphoto! I'm actually quite annoyed! I just want everything to sync, and I want/need iphoto to do it!
You got any ideas on what to do?

Thanks

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
my laptop originally came with two disks, who knows where they are! I got my MacBook ages ago, I've put more ram in it and installed leopard. I would of stayed with tiger but I had software issues so I had to install my new operating system to a external HD n boot my laptop through that n retrieve the bits I needed like music n photos n a few programmes. I then formatted by hard drive n installed leopard, not knowing that it never came with iphoto! I'm actually quite annoyed! I just want everything to sync, and I want/need iphoto to do it!
You got any ideas on what to do?

Thanks
If you do not have the original disks you will have to buy iLife to get iPhoto. Good news is that iLife '08 is pretty darn good!

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
Is there anyway of like downloading an old version.
What comes with iLife 08 anyway, and is it worth buying?

kokogirl

Gold
Sep 8, 2007
Sunny Florida
Is there anyway of like downloading an old version.
What comes with iLife 08 anyway, and is it worth buying?
I do not know about recovering your old version of iLife.

I did not really use the old version very much, so I cannot compare for you. I use the iLife '08 that came with my new MacBook a lot. I edit photos, sync them to my iPhone. I also use the iWeb with my .mac membership to make a family blog and website. I used garage band to make a new ringtone for my iPhone, thanks to acosmichippo! I have not used the other features yet.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
right thankyou, I don't know what to do really, I don't really want to have to pay for it cos I've just payed for leopard and I don't know why I should buy it! Is there any place or website or anything u know I can get it from? Thanks

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
i'd give Apple a call and see if they can send you the original OS discs. they should be able to for a relatively low fee. If they're like PC manufacturer's it will be $30 or so.

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
thanks again for your help, i'l try getting hold of Apple and get these disks

if i need any more help, i know where to come.

cheers