iPod and Video Output

N8hgrt

Dec 29, 2007
I bought both a ipod compatible dock station and docking cables, but
I am unable to get my ipod touch to output video to a television video input.
I am able to get sound, but no picture. I also tried an s video cable from
the dock station with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I bought both a ipod compatible dock station and docking cables, but
I am unable to get my ipod touch to output video to a television video input.
I am able to get sound, but no picture. I also tried an s video cable from
the dock station with no luck.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

I am not that familiar with iPod touch, but on my iPod classic I would have to go to video, then to video settings and turn on TV Out, and ntsc or widescreen.

Hope that helps.

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
Also Make sure you have the appropriate Apple cables needed for this... see Apple.com

nutsnbolts

Jan 5, 2008
I heard that the touch uses standard cables, they just reversed the coloring. In other words, where yellow = video, if you use it with the touch red or white = video....

You just have to switch it around. I haven't tried yet but someone told me that it's a marketing ploy to get you to buy "Apple" cables when it's just reversed wiring.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
I heard that the touch uses standard cables, they just reversed the coloring. In other words, where yellow = video, if you use it with the touch red or white = video....

You just have to switch it around. I haven't tried yet but someone told me that it's a marketing ploy to get you to buy "Apple" cables when it's just reversed wiring.
Actually, that won't work. When Apple redesigned the latest generation of devices, they removed the ability to export video to an external TV via the 3.5mm jack. It still works on my 5G iPod video, but I had to buy the new Apple AV cable which includes a docking attachment.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Actually, that won't work. When Apple redesigned the latest generation of devices, they removed the ability to export video to an external TV via the 3.5mm jack. It still works on my 5G iPod video, but I had to buy the new Apple AV cable which includes a docking attachment.

The new cable has a Chip in it.