iPod app won't recognize my audio, video files

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
hey guys, this morning i noticed i have a problem with my iPhone when i tried to acces the ipod function, it won`t recognize any of my files (music, videos) but when i go to settings about, it shows that i have the space ocupied on the phone but it says that i have 0 videos and 0 songs, and when i plug it into my pc i wont sync and says i need to restore my iPhone, but i don`t want to do that, what can be the problem, please help

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
hey guys, this morning i noticed i have a problem with my iPhone when i tried to acces the ipod function, it won`t recognize any of my files (music, videos) but when i go to settings about, it shows that i have the space ocupied on the phone but it says that i have 0 videos and 0 songs, and when i plug it into my pc i wont sync and says i need to restore my iPhone, but i don`t want to do that, what can be the problem, please help
What format are your music and video files in?

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
mp3`s but i had them there for a long time, this happened all of a sudden, when i got up this morning, i wanted to listen to some music, and when i pressed the ipod button it sayd no content, and when i plug the iPhone to my pc, it starts up iTunes and says waiting for iPhone, but it dosent show the sync screen on the iPhone, and after a while i get a error messege on iTunes and says i have to restore my iPhone, but i can`t do that because i have a jailbracked one

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Did you recently use installer to add a new application? It could be that you downloaded something that is causing the iPhone to mess up. I would try uninstalling any application you've downloaded within the last week, that way you can try and avoid a full restore.

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
Eragon: thx man, but it`s not the same case

Youngbinks: yes i installed some things a few days ago, but i uninstalled them and still nothing

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
is restoring out of the question?

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
you running on version 1.1.3? if so just restore, unless your connected to the internet it shouldnt matter
you'll just lose your 3rd party apps

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
just go for the restore then, and when it comes up with that menu at the beginning restore it as a brand new iPhone! and then re-sync it again and you'll get all your songs vids and ringtones and so on! only thing you'll have to change is a few settings here and there!

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
i don`t really understand what u mean, i plug in my iPhone, it says waiting for the iPhone and then i get a messege box on ituse saying iTunes can`t recognize the data on your i phone you have to restore if you have problems with it, or summtin like that, and then is shows up the iPhone in iTunes but it doesent show the space available on it, and only the restore button works and when i press it says are you sure you want to remove all the data and update your iPhone

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
right thats alright! well your phones not but restoring it will surely solve this problem! what i recommend you do is unplug your internet until you've restored it, because iTunes will download the latest firmware which is 1.1.4

so unplug your internet plug your phone in and go for the restore, and set your phone up as a new phone when prompted to, just like when you first activated it! and your iPhone should be back to normal!

if theres anything not clear then ask! no such thing as a stupid question

iphonewarrior

Apr 11, 2008
have you ever restored before? if not there could be another approach, you could use ziPhone, because there's a restore button in the application, which will restore your iPhone to 1.1.4 this is your choice.

it may work it may just leave you in exactly the same position!

have you tried going into settings-general-erase all content and settings and re-syncing?

Cusca

Bronze
Apr 27, 2008
ROMANIA
www.cusca.3dk.org
hey man, i used that erase option and it fixed the problem but it erased the contacts from my phone, and now i plugged it into ituse and hit restore from the backup not as a new iPhone, let`s see what happeneds i`l let u know, Thanks a lot for your help