iPod Classic as a gift, add to my iTunes?

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
A buddy gave me an iPod Classic( he changed his mind and wanted a Touch instead) that he has synched to his iTunes via PC with about 40 GB of music on it. Is there a way that I can:

1) pull this music off the iPod, convert it to mac/Apple format store on a hard drive, then..

2) Open a separate iTunes library for just this iPod, to keep separate from the library I use for my nano, iPhone and iPad? Would like to use our iMac for this, Not the MacBookAir I currently use.

3) synch and set new iPod as mine in separate library then reload the music?

I basically don't want to lose the music and be able to add/use it without having to synch it to his computer.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
No one? Has to be someone that can help out with some input?

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Thank you! One other question. If music was loaded on a PC but is going to be pulled off iPod and re-installed on a Mac do I use Mac one to remove and copy or PC version then try to convert to Mac iTunes, or doesn't make a difference?
Sorry, techno challenged. :)

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
Thank you! One other question. If music was loaded on a PC but is going to be pulled off iPod and re-installed on a Mac do I use Mac one to remove and copy or PC version then try to convert to Mac iTunes, or doesn't make a difference?
Sorry, techno challenged. :)
Moving from PC to Mac to PC -- doesn't matter. If they are MP3 files, you'll be good.

Atlas

Bronze
Oct 14, 2007
Chris:
Thank you very much for the help.
Anthony