iPod Classic - Weird Going's On!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
I have an iPod classic (the 60GB one). It's been acting real weird lately, so I decided to run a factory restore on the unit. iTunes restores it, then reboots the iPod. When the iPod comes back to life, iTunes tells me that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode and needs to be restored, before I can use it. But I just restored it? Anyhows, if I run the restore again, it comes back and iTunes tells me the same thing. I just keep going round and round in circles.

If I unplug the iPod, it wakes up and up comes the regular menu.

Anyone know what's going on here? Or should I retire my iPod to the great trash can in the sky?

ravman

Zealot
Gold
Oct 4, 2007
Mean Streets of LA.
Don't worry, I fixed it. A reboot of the PC sorted it all out.

I have an iPod classic (the 60GB one). It's been acting real weird lately, so I decided to run a factory restore on the unit. iTunes restores it, then reboots the iPod. When the iPod comes back to life, iTunes tells me that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode and needs to be restored, before I can use it. But I just restored it? Anyhows, if I run the restore again, it comes back and iTunes tells me the same thing. I just keep going round and round in circles.

If I unplug the iPod, it wakes up and up comes the regular menu.

Anyone know what's going on here? Or should I retire my iPod to the great trash can in the sky?