iPod crashes when I surf the net!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

SF_VR6

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
what can i do?

I can't keep the music playing for more than a couple of minutes before the iPod just quits on me.
I can duplicate the issue each time.
Can i exchange my iPhone because of this?
anyone have this issue?

Jul 6, 2007
Marietta, GA
about.me
what can i do?

I can't keep the music playing for more than a couple of minutes before the iPod just quits on me.
I can duplicate the issue each time.
Can i exchange my iPhone because of this?
anyone have this issue?
yah everyone has been having this problem.. the first update i THINK was supposed to help a little but it didn't do much. right now all we can do is hope they will fix it completely in the next update. and no you cannot exchange it because of that, even if you did you'd still have the same problem.

skinsgamer

Bronze
Aug 13, 2007
my music always stops after navigating to 10 or so pages. Safari just flat out closes every once in a while too. I'll be loading a page or something and it will just drop back to the home screen.

yerx

Apr 12, 2007
i've heard ppl say clearing your history, your cache will reduce this, never tried that myself because the crashes arent detrimental to me yet. hope u have fun~ :D

Witness

Zealot
Gold
Jun 18, 2007
Miami,Florida
this keeps happening to me even after the update, and its so annoying when you are typing something and then the darn thing closes, really hope they fox this in the future.

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
if you use your phone for the ipod function hold the home button until it closes the app before you go online... i read somewhere on here that the coverflow is whats screwing it up from the ammout of memory its using up

Redfor

Bronze
Jul 31, 2007
Fort Knox, KY area
My iPhone has done this in the past, what I did is made sure that I only had 1 window open in Safari, clear the cache, history and cookies.. then power cycle the phone. But to be honest I think power cycling the phone is what actually corrected the issue. I now usually power cycle mine at least every 3rd day and haven't had a problem since..
Cell phone rule # 1. When in doubt take the battery out.. but since We cant do that.. power cycle..

Hope it helps!
;)

Velodog2

Silver
Jul 19, 2007
power cycling will buy me around twenty minutes of listening time.

The most annoying aspect of the problem when iPod starts to crash is that when u return to it it has forgotten your place in your album/podcast/whatever.